Official 3dfx wallpaper

Discussion in 'Videocards - 3dfx' started by morbias, Aug 31, 2006.

1. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    how come 3dfx is highly regarded nostalgia when nvidia's cards back then still kicked its ass. large texture support and 32bit color. then of course the geforce 256 totally trounced every 3dfx card that was hoping to be released.
    ATI cards wernt that bad back then either, i remember the wonder card which was pretty cool for the time.

of course back then when Sega's Dreamcast came out, its graphics were better than most PC games anyway and i much preffered it over the games my Voodoo Graphics could dish out.

2. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    The thing was Nvidia's TNT2 cards didn't kick 3dfx's ass. A lot of the paper specs that Nvidia touted was just marketing. Large texture support? Name more then a game that actualy was coded for large texture support back then? 32bit colour? Again how many actual games used 32bit art work? Back then it was a lot like we see today with DX10 and DX10.1--a whole lot of marketing with **** all support. In terms of actual speed, no TNT2 card could match a 3dfx card in glide, that was fact as well as there was a huge list of GLIDE only games back then!

3. razrx

razrx New Member

GPU:
    Galaxy 8800GT 512MB
    This is one of my favourite wallpapers.

[​IMG]

4. Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi Banned

GPU:
    3dfxVoodoo5 5500AGP 64MB
    this is one of my favorites the Art of the Voodoo5 5000 AGP Box ;)
    [​IMG]

here the box concept art :)
    [​IMG]

There is a much bigger pic of it, heh I just couldn't find it, though it's somewhere in my 3dfx archives :D