Its time for! help this guy getting ready for some HDTV GAMING!

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by GenerationGXX, Jan 17, 2006.

1. GenerationGXX

GenerationGXX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX SLI
    seriously, im worried and i need alot of help from you guys here in guru3d, i personally had decided getting a ps3 and getting ready for the gaming setup.
    what i would need is a hdtv and those cable thingies. if you could get me the GOOD stuff that would make the hdtv more beutiful then go ahead. go crazy.
    just try to find a good tv less then 30 inch. im going to put it in my room and I WONT be using it as pc monitor.

this is my suggestion of an hdtv..
    its view sonic 27' and it is HDTV ready.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustRatingReview.asp?Item=N82E16889107001
    i heard some good 100 reviews so im thinking this is the good one?
    i dont know.
    my budget is 1000 bucks man.
    i live in canada btw.
    thanks
    EDIT: btw what is better tv? projection hdtv or plasma hdtv?
    and my parents are thinking of replacing our old 50 inch toshiba projection hdtv with 55 inch grand wega. is it worth it?
    http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/televisions/product.asp?model=50h72
    this link is the link to my tv, its the EXACT one my parents bought, but when i play my xbox on it, it looks too dark and hard to see and its jaggy.
    any idea how i can make gaming picture quality better?
    when im watching movies its awsome though.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  2. Island

Island Guest

GPU:
    2 EVGA 980Ti ACX 2.0
    You have a lot of questions my friend....:rolleyes: But, lemme see what I can do to help...Well 4 one, that viewsonic tv you are referring about...I also was interested in it, actually it was the 32 inch n325 I believe, but still the exact same specs as the 27 inch...Well, J&R.com has a special with 200$ rebate for it so you get it for 799$...Was about to take the plunge, but I 1st wanted to see it with my own eyes, so I went to Compusa/Goodguys and looked at it up close and personal and...meh:frown: The colors were really washed out and side by side a sharp tv, it just got owned....

Well, plain and simple, I decided to skip the viewsonic even though I have a viewsonic lcd for my pc and love it...but I wanted a lcd for my 360...So, I decided to just roll out the $$ and pay for what IMO is the best looking lcd tv for 360, dvd's, or whatever...I bought a Samsung LNR328w....Cost me like 1400 on Ebay, but DAMN....You have seen these lcd's...It's the models they use to display the xbox 360's at every store's kiosks that I have seen...So, you see that this lcd is awesome...Anyway, thats my opinion...You can get a samsung 26 inch in this model for around a grand...just shop around...Bypass the viewsonic though...Gluk

Edit- as far as plasmas..If you're gonna use your tv for gaming, I suggest going with an LCD if your looking for one under 30"....Plasmas are notorious for "burn in", and an lcd has no problems with that, aside from a possible dead pixel or 2....but anyway..stick with lcd if u plan on gaming...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  3. khris_25

khris_25 Member

GPU:
    8800gts 740/2000 sli
    for a hdtv under 30in i would go with the Samsung island recommended the veiwsonic your looking at has a low res x720 to gens lower than the stander that the ps3 is going putout. sure its perfect for an 360 which displays in 720p but the ps3 is going to putout 1080p. at least try got get a tv with a x768 ress 1080i it will look a lot better. I bought a westinghouse 37 1080p for 1550 bucks so i can unless the ps3 full beauty in x1080 ress. in 1080p 37in was the smallest i could find. and go with a lcd longer life and awesome for gaming day and night.
    http://www.westinghousedigital.com/pc-26-7-37-1080p-monitor.aspx
    defiantly worth the extra money

4. GenerationGXX

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX SLI
    so khris and you intend me to fit a 37 inch in my room?
    its a nice tv i would buy it.
    btw about that shipping plan, should i go for the cheapest, its UPS standard or something.
    and the total is 1500 pretty cheap because i live in canada and tv like this will cost more.
    good thing there is no tax too ^.^
    btw is yours refurbished? if it is, is it in good condition? also how can i order a brand new one instead of used one?
    thanks

Last edited: Jan 18, 2006

5. GenerationGXX

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX SLI
    btw that t.v doesnt have any HDMI connectors :( that is such a good t.v if it had HDMI no wonder it was so cheap though.

6. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    Damn, I wish I was as loaded as you guys...

7. GenerationGXX

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX SLI