Stream Movies 1080p

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by timenewton, Nov 29, 2011.

1. timenewton

timenewton Guest

GPU:
    radeon 6870
    OK here is the deal, I know there are all these great things to stream 1080p from you comp to tv, but I don't want to have an open window on my pc streaming. I want to have my comp completely free, what I really want is for something to be able to browse a shared hard drive in my computer on my tv via wireless network. Maybe I missed it but I have searched Google thru and thru to no avail. It all runs to me just streaming which equals gay. lol I want to be able to play my game and my wife watch movies.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Are you after something like a piece of hardware that does this, or a new TV with this feature?

My LG TV has something like that works pretty well, just set the TV up on your network and then you can browse the shared folders on the TV, only problem is that it only supports AC3 and not DTS, but if your not fussy about sound, then all the DTS ones could be converted beforehand.

It does work flawless with the AC3 1080p ones though, can even use the TV remote to control everything, I am using a wired connection though, so not sure how good it would be wireless though as you needed to buy a separate donge for that.

3. timenewton

timenewton Guest

GPU:
    radeon 6870
    Ok, I feel like a major idiot, it was right infront of my friggin face, WD TV Live. Its all there. Gah appreciate it