anyone getting RGB Razer /Corsair keyboard?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Goldie, Dec 18, 2014.

1. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I wasn't aware of any exclusivity contracts. Unless we're talking purely about RGB boards only. Logitech and Razer have used cherry switches plenty of times in the past. Also, why does looking at a forum for Corsair specifically serve as undeniable proof that cherry blues are having problems? Do you realize how far fetched that is? People generally only join manufacturer specific forums to complain and nothing else.

Also, lmao. Keep digging that hole. The bad logic of "I dislike something popular, therefore all its users must be stupid, since I'm super smart" entertains me to no end.

2. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I have the Corsair Gaming K70 and I also have the Alienware TactX keyboard. Of the two,I prefer and use the TactX. It's one third the price of the K70 and I like the feel and lay out of it. I'm pretty sure it's made by Logitech. Alienware is often overlooked as it's not advertised as mainstream as Corsar,Razer etc. My choice for a mouse is the Logitech G. I've had it quite a while now and it works just fine.

3. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Here ya go. And yes,Corsair has an exclusive deal with Cherry,that's why you can't get Razer or Logitech with Cherry switches. Read the thread,Corsair even admits to it and says the problem is being addressed. Why is it impossible for cherry to have any problems? Let me clarify something. Its the cherry RGB switches they have exclusivity to not the regular ones. That's why Razer and Logitech had to do something else.
    http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=132911

4. Greybeard

Greybeard Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX680 DCII
    That doesn't sound fun. Send me PM with your ticket #, I can surely look into it make the process as painless as possible :)

The exclusive is only with the RGB key switches, other companies can still get non-RGB if they wish to.

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Okay, fair enough. I will eat my hat though if they don't start using Kalih from this point onward (for all their swtiches).

6. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    thought i'd catch up on this for some new info before i start looking at reviews, regular razer hate of course, ..leTS SEE HOW WE PROGRESS ..
    not bad :p

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  7. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Nevermind, missed an important word in there lol

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  8. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    my gigabyte has red cherrys.
    fear not we'll get to the bottom of both keyboard's pros and cons by end of thread. i was a little down as i seen it was CompanyA vs CompanyB and no talk of actual specs, but we'll bash it out in the end no doubt.
    i'm up for one in a few weeks anyways still, so much time to share info found. brightness and looks will be a factor, not just about which country mass produced this part or that.

9. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Thats what I said ;)

10. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli

11. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
  12. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Read these customer reviews on Best buy's website..
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/razer-b...oard/8501005.p?id=1219340875088&skuId=8501005
    I've had both keyboards,the Corsair K65 RGB and the Razer Chroma. If Razer had an open SDK like Corsair,I would have kept that one. I liked the keys much more. They are both great keyboards. Also,I'm told by Razer they are working on an open SDK. For now,I'll keep the K65 just because of what you can do with it..

13. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    nice one, cheers for link, seems opposite of other site's reviews.

14. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Goldie,if you live in the US. Just go to best buy,buy the one your interested in. You have at least 14 day,in fact I think you have til Jan 15th to take it back. Razer gets too much of a bad rap.

15. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    i agree, i would get it from amazon.uk
    toying with gpu upgrade for gta5 too though in around a fortnight.
    i did read the reviews and it sounds sweet, and i looked up specs and promo material on razer site. (uses gold plated parts for key switches.)

16. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    was instructed the corsair is aluminium while the razer is plastic.
    corsair you get three sizes, razer just the one.
    so yeah will prolly go with middle sized corsair next week.
    just something to improve gaming experience, also want better night light for my burdies while i'm out nights.

17. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Goldie,you aren't going to find a Corsair K70 RGB anytime soon. And it also depends on what switch you want. If you like the blue's,you won't find those for months at least.
    The Razer isn't straight up plastic. Its I as every bit as durable as the Corsair's. And its very heavy. Don't believe everything you read from Razer haters. Its a super solid keyboard with awesome keys. I can guarantee you,if you got the Razer,you would love it and anything that you thought you didn't like about it,would be soon forgotten. I know I had it.

18. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Corsair is having major problems with their Keyboard supply. They just stated you can't get the RGB's in blue switches at all now. Cherry is having problems I hear. You won't see any Corsairs online anytime soon.
    The Orion Spark 910 is complete garbage. Anyone that actually says they like this keyboard is straight up lying. You can't even dim the lights on it. The keys feel like crap. They feel like membrane keys. The keyboard feels like cheap plastic. At least Razer's chroma feels solid. The 910 won't have an open SDK either.
    A little birdy told me that the open SDK for the Chroma is coming soon. Also,next week,they are activating an advanced tab on the synapse software so you can do different stuff. I think Razer is going to beat the others out pretty soon. I have a K65 RGB,while I like it,it does feel cheap. Especially the space bar. Love the lights tho. I might keep it and get the Razer Chroma also.