GTX 670 BF3 Problems!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Stefan_SRB, May 11, 2013.

1. Stefan_SRB

Stefan_SRB Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 Lightning
    Hi gents,I'm new on forum,I'm Stefan from Serbia and I love playing games.But I have a big problem now,I've gave a lot of money for my Gaming PC rig and Battlefield 3 is not performing as I thought it will.I was thinking that cpu is bad,but I think it is not it,because it never gets 100%,or not even close to 60% of usage.Back to problem than,strange thing is that when I look outside of map I got high fps over 150-200 fps,but the moment I turn back to middle of map(every map in the game) I got 38-50 fps and GPU usage below 40%or even 30%,so it is really unplayable for me because drop is very,very high and noticable.I tested my cards with unigine heaven and got over 55fps without any oc,with small oc I got 63fps.Also other games like COD:BO2 uses 100% of GPU,but Battlefield 3 and FarCry3 don't.I've tried almost every nvidia driver and still no change.Also I overclocked cpu to 4,6GHz and nothing.Nvidia control panel also no help with prefer max performance and stuff.I will go for intel mobo and cpu,but in a few months and if that doesn't help I'm gonna throw everything in junk.If you have any suggestion or clue that might help please share it.

Sorry if I'm boring, but I really gave a lot of money for this and can't get it working as it should.

Thank you all!

2. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    Have you tried using vsync? Just to see if 60fps locked works better?

3. Stefan_SRB

Stefan_SRB Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 Lightning
    Yes mate I did,and also dips to 35fps.

4. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Can you disable SLi and try one card?

5. Stefan_SRB

Stefan_SRB Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 Lightning
    Yes,and that is the reason I bought another card because I had the same low fps.And also low gpu usage on one card.

6. bioCor3

bioCor3 Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 670GTX
    Have you checked your BIOS settings and set the PCI-E slots your cards are using to run at the same speed. ASUS has pretty crappy support, but check your motherboard has all the latest chipset drivers and BIOS updates from their site.

Some ASUS motherboards will set the PCI-E slots to slower speeds if using certain SATA ports and the BIOS setting for PCI-E is set to Auto instead of PCI-E 2.0
    You should set both your BIOS PCI-E to 2.0 (ASUS sometimes calls this 2nd Gen). The setting is usually under Advanced or Graphics settings in the BIOS.

Then recheck SLI is set in the Nvidia Control Panel and reboot if required. Sometimes ensuring certain HDD/SDD aren't plugged into certain SATA slots on the motherboard is required for some ASUS PCI-E slots to run at full speed, you can find this in the manual.

I'll probably go back to Gigabyte next time around, ASUS kinda took a dive with some of the recent boards. Get the recent GPU-Z 0.7.0 version and check that both your cards are running and at PCI-E 2.0 in the render test. Both cards should be running at least PCI-E 2.0@8x mode.

7. Stefan_SRB

Stefan_SRB Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 Lightning
    OK,thank you,I'm at work now,will try to see that tonight.There are many options under EZ BIOS,I hope I will find it.

8. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Honestly, reading around, and my own personal experience, I am seeing so many problems with BF3 lately, what the hell is going on? this used to be one of the 2/10 games I had which ran to ABSOLUTE PERFECTION. Are EA gimping it to prime for BF4? or are recent Nvidia drivers BF3 gimped? I can tell you one thing it is working coz I am seeing many people stopping playing because of these performance issues.

Stefan, do me a favor buddy, try these drivers. 306.97

I cannot try them myself due to a Titan but from reading around I would be interested to see if these help.

9. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    It's how EA works. BF3 has had its run, its about to be phased out by BF4. This is always how it's been with EA's games. Eventually BF3 will be left to rot completely, and EA will say something similar to, "We feel BF3 is pushed to it's limit, and no further patches will be needed".

Don't expect much more, in all honestly expect more hacking and botting as BF4 launches. I suggest you move to BF4 if you love the series as I do. I have BF4 pre-ordered and expect a great time. BF3 WILL be abandoned be EA and a lot of the BF community, trust me.

EA makes some great games, but their support is really kinda shoddy.

10. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Something is very wrong with this picture. Why should "powermizer" technology from a decade ago be crippling the performance of modern cards?

11. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    LOL. Somehow I think I would not get an answer. Apparently they're more concerned with saving energy than performance.

12. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    drop mesh quality to low

13. Stefan_SRB

Stefan_SRB Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 Lightning
    OK mate I've tried this drivers and no change,I'm losing hope.

Here's some screenshots and on 32 players server,on 64 is even worse.I can't believe what is going on,when Iook outside map I have high fps and when look in middle of map where players are I got 35?What the hell is going on?Mesh quality on low and still low usage/fps maybe even lover 35-39 usage.

@bioCor3 Yes I'm running PCI-E 2.0 16x@8x 2.0 mode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I know it's stupid but at the end I thought maybe it is monitor 24" Dell U2412M IPS LED, 1920x1200 :nerd:,and then plugged my 32'' HD/TV and same problem again and again.

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  14. angmar

angmar Guest

Its cpu bottleneck. Not too much you can do other then deal with it or upgrade to an intel 3570k/3770k. Upgrading will net you a subtantial increase in fps in BF3 multiplayer...especially on that map. AMD cpus are terrible for crossfire/sli.

edit: just so you know just because your cpu meter doesn't say 100 percent doesn't mean it is not bottlenecked by it. I am heavily cpu bottlenecked in arma 3 even though my cpu meter only shows 25 percent usage.

I had only 46 percent cpu usage but clearly I was cpu bottlenecked as I didnt have 99 percent gpu usage and only 50 fps when I took this picture. The worse I saw my fps go to in this match was 45 and it was a lot of explosions. This was a 64 player match. So as you can see getting a new cpu will really help. An there was a lot of time where my fps was well above 50 I just stopped at that spot to take a picture cause it was a taxing spot because it overlooked the map to show you how much a new cpu would help your fps.

picture is hard to see but its 50.4 fps and gpu usage only 65% and cpu usage was at 46% An this is in a hectic 64 player match in 32 my fps is even higher still.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013
  15. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    aformative i have 50-45 fps with single gpu on this map 45 its because one gpu hits 99% and cpu 80-90%

use hwinfo to put on screen cpu usage

wait for Haswel !! then upgrade cpu + mobo

16. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Guest

GPU:
    AMD/nVidia
    Monitor CPU usage, install KB2645594, unpark all cores. Monitor CPU usage again after this, compare. It should run just fine after all that.

17. Stefan_SRB

Stefan_SRB Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 Lightning
    OK,I was thinking the same about cpu bottleneck,and I am going for intel i7-3770K and MSI Z77 MPower mobo_Or if you have better advice instead of those two tell me.

18. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    People here are throwing out random guesses as to what might be the issue here. I've seen this a few times already in other threads. Troubleshooting skills = 0.

OP, don't waste your money based on advice people give you here. First of all, do some troubleshooting and only listen to those who guide you through steps to do so.

Before you upgrade the CPU, make sure you have a CPU bottleneck! Monitor CPU usage across all cores while playing BF3. To do so, have another monitor attached, or try a command in BF3 which shows you if the CPU is bottlenecking or not (by showing a graph):

render.perfoverlayvisible 1

One single core, maxed out, means there is a CPU bottleneck.

Alternatively, to test, does the game run any faster on low and medium settings? If so, how much faster?

If your GPU usage is below 99%, this doesn't mean you have a CPU bottleneck. It's just the game acting up. I've had Most Wanted 2012 range anywhere between 30-60% GPU usage on a single 7970 before it was patched. I used to get FPS between 27 and 60, fluctuating wildly. Now after the patch I am getting 60FPS constant even with 8xEQSSAA forced in RadeonPro and GPU usage hovers like 60-80%.

It's not if the CPU meter shows 25, 50, 100, or whatever. It's per-core usage. There's no game out there that can load-balance across all cores equally. CPU bottlenecking in such scenarios means you max out 1 or more cores, meaning you need higher per-core performance. Of course, in this case, having 1000 cores will not help if each core is just as fast.

100% CPU usage means that you have a CPU bottleneck for sure, but that generally occurs with dual cores (more for those without HT) as it's pretty easy to max out 2 threads when you only have 2 threads.

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    haswell will be out very soon, I would go for that, socket 1155 is damn near dead

20. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Yasamoka, sorry to jump in on this thread but it's relevant I think.

On my stutter issue, I did format.

To describe in some more detail, I would get like a small stutter every 30-60 seconds, just a small one, this occurred in most games, I formatted and I installed Borderlands 1, RE5, Hard Reset and BF3.

I think I was having two or more issues in BF3, BF3 keeps getting these 58FPS dips and when I first joined a server FPS would be all over the place like crazy and seem to iron out over 20-30 seconds, the other one was described above I could go into an empty server and pan around and get a tiny stutter occasionally, all very well but BF3 was 100% perfect before hand.

Now, since my format Borderlands 1, RE5 and Hard Reset I have given a pretty good test, and, as far as I can see, are running PERFECT, FLAWLESS 60FPS 60hz VSYNC ON stutter free.

now BF3.. BF3 is still a mess, so I decided to have a look at this,

render.perfoverlayvisible 1

Now after some research I figured out what it all meant, and I noticed something, on going into am empty server, I could wonder around the map and would get a stutter seemingly dropping my FPS to ~58, or, an FPS dip to 58 CAUSING a stutter? I do not know, however, with this graph up, I was able to see at the time of this dip, I would get a SPIKE in the yellow line, the CPU line.

Now, I bet you were hoping for some sort of conclusion - well, I have none lol.

Sorry, but thought some more information is always good, I know not what it means, truth is for all I know it could simply be some BF3 patch or update that's buggered it, or a driver issue, I have no clue.

Stefan should try render.perfoverlayvisible 1 and see if it helps with any information for his problem as well.

All the best.