eD 3-d Glasses.. cant get them to work.

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by Brinkofnuttynes, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Brinkofnuttynes

Brinkofnuttynes Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GF 7900GTO
    I have a Ge-force 7900 GTO, and a 19" samsung LCD monitor.

I got my set of glasses 2 days ago and thus far, no luck..

the instructions, if you can call them that are very very vague, they state that I need to use this and that driver, but dont list them by file name or tell me where they can be found..

ive already tried all the drivers off their site, some of which tried to force my monitor into resulutions it doesent support causing lines across the screen...

if i try it with the drivers I have now, and the Nvidia sterio drivers, when 3d is on and wearing the glasses everything is blurry and flickers like crazy... and is not in 3d.

I already e-mailed eD and have recieved no response.

i think if i just knew A: what graphics driver, and B: what stereo driver I would be set..

eDs instructions get really wierd when it comes to Nvidia, saying I should say I have a CRT, insted of LCD, and then that I should say I dont have an Nvidia card.. so it installs the "other" drivers..

I tired that and after it installs THEIR drivers, it prompts for a reboot, after that the card shows up in "other devices" and the system goes into the new hardware found wizard..

im fully, and utterly .. LOST

and im usually pretty good at this kinda crap.:O

2. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    1) an LCD has to be a really fast one to be able to alternate left/right eye images without it being a blurr. (this is really a non-issue with CRT's).

2) you might have to use the analog input into your monitor, along with a timing pass-through connector on that line.

3) choice of driver. you might need an "lcd compatible" driver. Or, you just plain might need a driver that works! 3d drivers aren't always totally functional in every version for every card.

-scheherazade

3. Brinkofnuttynes

Brinkofnuttynes Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GF 7900GTO
    Yea, im using the Analog,

my monitor is 2ms so im thinking it will be ok..

though I havent even managed to get to the point where i can begin to worry about that..

as far as "drivers that work":

will .. ive tried everything on their site..

i cant be the only person using these glasses with an Nvidia card on a LCD.. what are others using?

4. spamkebab

spamkebab Member Guru

GPU:
    inno3d 480gtx
    e d glasses

yeah i bought em as well . bout 3 weeks ago
    since then ive re-installed xp and use the edimensional lcd drivers
    im running a bfg 8800gtx on a lg 22inch with a 2ms response time

i find that compatible games or games i can get to work, work best at high resolution but still im limited to only a few games.
    i think my problem is the video card not the lcd monitor

i also emailed edimensional and had quite a quick response
    i asked about vista drivers and was told to just keep checking the site lol
    judging by the forums and posts ive read i think im well and truly stuffed with
    both lcd drivers and video drivers.

all i want is to play GRAW in 3d arghh

any info anyone gets and passes on will be greatly appreciated, as for the moment ive got a pair of ridiculous lookin specs stuufed in a drawer

cheers

5. Brinkofnuttynes

Brinkofnuttynes Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GF 7900GTO
    I just went through another "batch" of trying different driver options..

latest Nvidia drivers + latest nvidia stereo driver = fail

lastes nvidia drivers + their stereo driver = fail

their video drivers + their stereo drivers = fail

withe glasses and 3d "on" I cannot read text on the desktop and no 3d program will even launch, or if it does the screen shakes and jitters horribly and is not 3d.

no matter what I try I get the same results, a flickering blurry desktop, and 3d apps wont work.

6. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    btw, for the nvidia to work, it is not "the latest nvidia driver with the latest stereo." It won't work.
    You have to match the versions.
    Use the 162.33 stereo with te 162.33 FF driver. (Just an example)
    If you use the 165.40 ff with the 96.40 stereo, it won't work.
    (Btw, i don't know if the nvidia drivers work with LCD)

7. DaWorFizm

DaWorFizm New Member

Just got me a set of E-D glasses a couple of days ago (2nd pair in 10~ years, I had a set of 'cyberboy' googles for quake 1... 10~ years, you'd think things would work... but it looks like I missed 'the golden age of stereoscopic gaming' - OK without going down that road.)
    here's my latest 3D experience...

latest Nvidia drivers + their stereo drivers = what's with the scanlines... OH, says on the edimensional site that u get that with LCD, nice of them to say that on the product page instead of making out like everything is perfectly ok with an LCD monitor... ...grumble... - OK, so there's scanlines, I can deal with that, but 1 game working out of about 15~20 installed, after digging around here and a couple of other forums, I find out that nvidia no longer/hasn't for a long time supported 3d googles, my upgrade from a 7900gt and a 19" CRT to a 8800gts and a 19" LCD has crapped all over my 3D googles experience - F'GRRRR!!!

Anyway, in the process of all of this I've formatted my PC from vista back to XP and installed/uninstalled/reinstalled/deinstalled a lot of drivers, so what you might need to do, without formatting your computer, is get a utility called NVcleaner from here:
    http://download.guru3d.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=167

And then ONLY use the "latest Nvidia drivers + their stereo drivers" option, WITHOUT nvidia stereo drivers on your PC at all. This got a couple more games working for me, but only iD Software titles running in OPENGL mode, Quake 4, Quake 2(with q2evolved) and Return to Castle Wolfenstien work great, Doom 3 does work but looks bad and the menus/cutscenes/PDAs cause temporary crashes.

Try OpenGL mode for games, DX7/DX8/DX9 doesn't work for me at all on most games and if the game loads at all, the 3D effect is 'reverved' - i.e. the crosshair/menus are 3D but the game buildings/characters/objects aren't...

If I get any more games working properly I'll post up here.

GL

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007