Pioneer SX-780 Stereo Reciever not working!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by KosanRio, Feb 5, 2012.

1. KosanRio

KosanRio Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Nvidia GTX 275 896MB
    So I picked up this beautiful Pioneer SX-780 stereo receiver at a garage sale for $5 yesterday, I was assured it worked but when I got home I couldn't get any audio out of my speakers or my headphones (Could hear very very faint audio out of my headphones) . Shortly after that a fuse blew, which I'm going to go out and buy today (The fuse that blew didn't match what the board said it needed!) Anyways, What do you guys think is wrong with it?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  2. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Guest

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    If I were you and seeing as how you only paid out a fiver, I'd just unscrew the thing and have a look inside! Audio equipment is usually pretty simple to follow when you get to the innards of things!

EDIT: - this is your machine
    [​IMG]

3. KosanRio

KosanRio Guest

GPU:
    My bad, I didn't realize that your picture was the other side.

4. KosanRio

KosanRio Guest

GPU:
    Anyways I got the new fuses in and it still doesn't have any audio, though it turns on and all the lights come on just like before. I don't hear the relay "Clicking in" like some forum posts have mentioned, I also can't find the relay... It's supposed to be a little clear plastic box thing behind the power switch but it's not there on either side, any ideas?

5. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    My father has the same receiver! Still works like a champ! No idea on what to look at getting tit to work for ya though.

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

A good old thump on the top, to the side :)