Samsung Caught Artificially Boosting Galaxy S4 Benchmark Results

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by PhazeDelta1, Jul 31, 2013.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    http://www.redmondpie.com/samsung-caught-artificially-boosting-galaxy-s4-benchmark-results/

Naughty Samsung.

2. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I wouldn't at all be surprised at their evil doings!

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    thing is, I can beat all of their advertised scores in any benchmark anyway :)

EDIT: just read that article, all they're saying is that the gpu runs at 533mhz in some benchmarks and then in some apps/games it'll downclock to 480mhz. That's pretty standard behavior.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Well once again we have some random tech site putting a spin on the actual content. Anandtech's original article sounds no where near as malicious as every other tech site linking to them. The click bait **** is getting ridiculous.

Anandtech Title: "Looking at CPU/GPU Benchmark Optimizations in the Galaxy S4"

Redmondgarbage Title: "Samsung Caught Artificially Boosting Galaxy S4 Benchmark Results"

Also most sites are completely leaving out the fact that the S4 runs at max clock speed with most benchmarks not specifically listed anyway.

5. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    My S4 belongs in the garbage bin after seeing the NVIDIA Ira demo on a 2W Kepler.

6. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    well you have time, this Tegra5 will be released in 1year, it is not even in production and yet they use prediction at 1ghz+ on a 192SP Kepler with a cooler as large of GK110 cores .. Forget to see it run at this speed on a smartphone, maybe at 400-500mhz, and coupled with LPDDR3 shared, i fear the gpu performance will not be as good as they want to show it.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  7. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Here's Samsung's official response:
    Source: http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...ively-changing-gpu-frequency-in-certain-apps/

deltatux

8. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Dynamic clocks that don't allow the maximum in gaming but allow it in benchmarks?

[​IMG]

9. NeoElNino

NeoElNino Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 8GB Soon
    no point in getting an 8-Core CPU or Quad one for a mobile device esp. for texting, emails, few apps left and right.. literally no point especially that if you wanna game the phone will easily overheat. The difference btw a 4 cores and 8 cores CPU on a mobile device is probably minimal to non-existant in real life scenarios.

I played few games like angry bird on my mobile and my device gets above 40C quickly and is a lil too warm to the touch.

10. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    benchmakrs are really bad on mobile.. no warm up, they are too short and never use fully the processor and gpu as they should. so basically you will not overload anything with them.

11. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    It can't use all 8 at the same time though. It's basically 4 cores with 2 different power levels. It's sorta similar to the tegra 3, except there is a lower power core for each high power core.

12. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Yeah, thanks for sharing this. I really hate such reposts - take good article, add sensation, subtract reason.