Malachim Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 9700 Pro
    whats better ps2 or xbox

2. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    You should really look on the quality of the games. Not on the machine i think

3. Recrofne

Recrofne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    X box is better as far as graphics and such go, but I think PS2 has better games.

4. yyttu

yyttu Master Guru

GPU:
    _
    Ive got an xbox and i was happy with it (except for the fact that id never be able to play final fantasy on it) but i havent touched it since i got my new pc :)

5. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Asus V9999 Ultra - GeForce 6800 Ultra
    I have all 3 consoles - and I like my xbox more than the others. First of all because its modded, with a 250 gig HDD and some killer LED's and stuff, also because I can rip music onto the Hard drive and use them in some games as the soundtrack, which is nice.

But like yyttu, ever since I got back into desktop computers last year (for a long time I used crappy laptops cause I deployed for the marine corps so much), I havent touched any of the consoles.

6. yyttu

yyttu Master Guru

GPU:
    _
    kool adair_fett that 250g would hold quite a few games...... wasnt there any preventative measure on microsoft's behalf? or did you just have to image the file system of the 8g onto the 250g?

edit> btw Konniciwa, bokuwa maikeru desu. Genki desuka?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2004
  7. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Asus V9999 Ultra - GeForce 6800 Ultra
    I used EvoX dashboard to do everything. Basically copied the info from my old HDD to my PC, formatted the drives with that program and a cd boot disk, and then transferred the files back to the new HDD via FTP.

It was hard as hell to figure out.

------------------------------

Sorry, I do not know what you just said in japanese, besided Konnichiwa. I am an US Marine stationed here, though I am FINALLY leaving tommorrow actually. :D

8. GRamirez

GRamirez Active Member

I used to love my ps2 but now that I got my pc I haven't touched it. All I play now are game like far cry and medieval total war on my computer. Especially since I love real time strategy and first person shooters which the pc is best at. And the high resolutions and better clarity on the pc are awesome. Ps2 has way better games than x-box. I'll still play it when The Mark of Kri 2, Final Fantasy 12 and Jak 3 come out.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2004
  9. Wmc90

Wmc90 Master Guru

GPU:
    P.O.V. 7900GTX 680/1720
    Xbox has better graphics and online capabilities..

ps2 has more games
    xbox has halo

your choice

10. SorienOR

SorienOR Guest

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    In stock form its a matter of which games you want to play. get that console.

But I gotta say a modded xbox is the most amazing thing ever. I have a 80gb in mine with all my games (that I legally own!!) on it plus many emulators. I play desert strike for the Genesis A LOT. My wife and nephews get together for some serious 4 player MarioKart 64.

Anyway the MAIN job my xbox has is to stream video from my collection on the computer to the TV. Its much easier to watch divx movies that way then figuring out TV out on the computer, and quality is much better. Plus the xbox dvd remote works in Xbox Media Player just fine.

I also watch the TV shows I record with my All-in-Wonder on the tv using the xbox.

11. yyttu

yyttu Master Guru

GPU:
    _
    ok lol yeah my friends got EvoX, it looks pretty good - quite a lot of features (i like the changeable desktop pic lol)

12. Golden Dragoon

Golden Dragoon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Something that makes funny whining noises
    I guess I am the only one to say the GameCube is the best of the consoles then :)

I have a PS2 but I just find the majority of games on the PS2 and XB dull with no real inovation. A lot are also crap.

Nintendo have never released a bad game a couple of average games but never a bad one.
    Sod their "kiddy" Image they know that good games should be fun first and foremost.

Alas many people just see Zelda being cel shaded and think that it is a kids game, Similar thing with Mario games ect..
    If those people were to actualy play those games they would know that graphics don't matter when it comes to gameplay.
    Mind you I am pleased that Nintendo have chosen to make the next Zelda game with "mature" graphics as it will then sell to a bigger audiance and will make more people aware that it is gameplay that counts.

13. Aidan777

Aidan777 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2070
    yeh i agree.. ive seen the next zelda coming out on gamecube and i must say it is rather impressive

the graphics r fine it makes Link stand out and look a ton better :)

14. manothehour

manothehour Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce FX 5200 128 MB
    IMO xbox is better. not as many games but better quality. better graphics and evrythign. but the games seem to be for the more mature crowd.

15. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    I have all three of the consoles as well but my favorite gaming system is the PC. As for which console is the best overall, I would have to say the X-Box by far. The PS2 is a great system, but it just feels dated compared to the X-Box. I'm sure all of the die-hard PS2 fans will whine about how the PS2 has more games than any other system, but in truth 80% of those games are worthless. (The same was true for the PSOne as well.) Now I'm not saying that there are not any good games for the PS2, because there are some truly awesome titles like the Gran Turismo series, the SOCOM series, the Jak series, the Tekken series, and of course the Final Fantasy games. On the other hand, the X-Box has been getting better and better each month. Some great titles for the X-Box; Halo (of course), Rallisport Challenge series, Project Gotham Racing series, The Chronicles Of Riddick, Ninja Gaiden, Mech Assault, Full Spectrum Warrior, Thief Deadly Shadows, StarWars:KOTOR and others. Then there are the (generally) preferred X-Box versions of cross-platform titles like the Splinter Cell series, the Grand Theft Auto Double Pack, Soul Caliber2, Prince Of Persia:Sands Of Time, the Ghost Recon series, Need For Speed:Underground, NBA Street Vol.2, the SSX series, the Tony Hawk series, Freedom Fighters, and many others.

And to me, the biggest factor of all and the main reason I think the X-Box is the best buy is the fact that when you buy an X-Box you don't have to worry about buying additional hardware. Theres no need to buy a multi-tap as it comes with four controller ports. You don't have to get a network adapter as it's already there. Although small compared to the harddirve available for the PS2, the X-Box has that too. The only thing that the PS2 comes standard with that the X-Box doesn't is the ability to play DVDs out of the box. The X-Box requires the purchase of a DVD remote kit to watch DVDs.

Here's a quick price comparison (In US dollars) showing equally equipt systems:

For X-Box
    X-Box system $149.99
    DVD remote kit $ 29.99
    3 additional controllers $ 89.97

Total = $269.95

For PS2
    PS2 system $149.99
    3 additional controllers $ 74.97
    Multi-Tap $ 34.99
    Network Adapter (if not $ 39.99
    included with system
    bundle)
    Hard Drive/FF XI game $ 99.99

Total = (with network $359.94
    bundle)
    Total = (without $399.93
    network bundle)

So, to break it down. A complete X-Box system is around $100 cheaper, offers better graphics and sound. Not to mention that fact that it will have Halo 2 and Doom3. Sure seems like an easy choice to me. But, this was just my opinions. Good luck.

16. GrinD

GrinD Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB
    X-Box system $114 in USA + $50 modchip = Linux server, Surround sound system ,HDTV support, Tuner, DVD, XivD, DivX, MP3, WMA, DVD movies and games backups and many more for less then $170

and here what's inside:

XBOX PlayStation 2 GameCube

CPU : 733 MHz 300 MHz 485 MHz

Graphics
    Processor: 233 MHz X-Chip, 143 MHz Sony, GS 162MHz ATI
    developed by
    Microsoft and nVidia

RAM: 64 MB 36 MB 43 MB

17. Scarey Lizzard

Scarey Lizzard Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X800 Pro
    XBox is my personal favorite.

I am a graphics whore. I love good graphics, the PS2's graphics are usually blocky and choppy, it is hard for me to immerse myself into the game when playing a PS2 because it does not give me a sense of realism at all.