Please help with an HDMI or DP cable for my U3011 or u3007

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by boe, Apr 29, 2016.

1. boe

boe Guest

GPU:
    PNY 980 TI
    Hello,

I have a dell u3011 and a u3007 monitor side by side. I have a 980ti video card with 1 DVI out a couple of DP port and a HDMI port. If I use the DP port on my u3011 instead of DVI the monitor shuts off usually when I'm using it the most. DVI never has an issue on it. Apparently it is a known issue on the U3011.

The U3007 only has a DVI in and my video card out only has ONE DVI port.

I tried an HDMI to dual dvi cable and when I connect it my only option is 1280x800. I tried to make a custom resolution but it won't let me select anything higher.

I'm sure there are plenty of cables and adapters that claim to work at higher res but please only post ones you've tried yourself as many have mixed degrees of success.

I'd like DP to DVI capable of 2560x1600 at 60hz.

Thanks!

2. boe

boe Guest

GPU:
    PNY 980 TI
    OK - a couple of developments. It turns out my U3011 just happen to develop the black screen issue when I got my new video card. I put it back on DVI and it continued to have the problem after a factory reset. I had a spare u3007 that works fine with that same DVI cable.

However I still need a cable for my second u3007. My 3007 on hdmi to display port is now working at 1920 however it is blurry for some reason. If I move my outlook to my second screen it is hard to read the text which is not uniform in darkness either.

So now I'm looking for a new monitor and a cable :)