7870 prices going up and up and up

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by zarker99, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zarker99

zarker99 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire hd 7870 Ghz
    Today (in the UK) the price of a 7870 from CCL is £273, from Overclockers its £260.

http://www.cclonline.com/product/78...HD7870-GHz-Edition-2GB-Graphics-Card/VGA0586/

yesterday the price from CCL for the exact same card was £260, and from Overclockers £250

Over the last weekend the price at CCL was £250

I called CCL and asked why the price increase - they said the prices were just haywire and it wasn't their fault.

For me, its the last AMD card I buy. I'm now waiting for the mid-level Nvidia cards to come out.

Anybody else have any rickety pricing stories?

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  2. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    HD 7870 prices have dropped and is now flatlined. No decrease nor increase in prices. I checked 3 different stores I know about.

3. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Same here they price dont move, at same time here the price are a bit in the highest compared to other country when it come to hardware.

4. zarker99

zarker99 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire hd 7870 Ghz
    well I called Overclockers and thety said the cheaper price from yesterday was a special offer, but they agreed to let me have one at the cheaper price (£245) - so I'm overjoyed.

The only problem now is finding drivers for my XP x64 system....

I have xp 32 also, but with a 2gb Vram on the card I'm not sure I'll have enough sytem ram left to run any games with it anyway...

DAMN!

Hopefully there's an x64 driver coming soon......???

AH! Found x64 drivers here. Funny how AMD's tech page doesn't mention the 7870 card at all.

Wondering if I've done the right thing buying the card now... Hopefully they'll get their act together soon.

Last edited: May 3, 2012

5. Maximus7724

Maximus7724 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7950 PCS+ @ 1150/1500
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.