Can't install DirectX on Windows 7...

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by kaazz, Oct 6, 2010.

1. kaazz

kaazz Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GT 512mb
    Hello,
    I formatted a few hours ago, so far everything worked fine. I let windows do all the updates (which took quite a long time) and installed them without any errors. Must say, that I had this W7 (64bits) Installed before on my HD and worked perfectly, but I felt I needed a format.

But now the errors comes...DirectX simply does not want to install. Programs and games asks me for DirectX, and if I try to install it with a setup, it shows Initializing, then gives me error "Check dxerror.log", something like that.
    I'm hopeless, I googled for hours with no rewards.

Any saviors here?

2. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX 7600
  3. kaazz

kaazz Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GT 512mb
    ^
    Thanks. After hours of Googeling and trying every single option, apparently it was a specific program bug. MPC HC gave me DirectX error which I though are related to DirectX. apparently, it's a Windows 7 bug related to the fact it is looking for a D9 file but can't find it, as Windows 7s DX11. What needs to be done is download this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=3b170b25-abab-4bc3-ae91-50ceb6d8fa8d
    And you're fine.

Probably people are going to google and I'll be one of the results, I hope I can help. ;) If any mods can lock this it would be great.

4. ohhaiimcole

ohhaiimcole Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7790 1gb
    Umm so I tried to install this and it didn't work and gave me this error message. " A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Crytographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid." What do?

5. rembur

rembur Guest

GPU:
    Have exact same problem.

Have exact same problem?

6. apple890

apple890 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760
    Try Ninite, it might help.

7. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Run Microsoft FixIt for install and uninstall issues.

Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Hint: Let the program run until it is done. I have seen the program run for 10 minutes on a gaming rig and it did repair the issue.