gtx 1060 dpc latency check

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by alexander1986, Sep 13, 2016.

1. alexander1986

alexander1986 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Hello all,

so i recently bought gtx 1060 6gb and some other parts and reinstalled windows, so I wanted to check my DPC latency and also im trying to get as responsive mouse input as possible for couple FPS games I play,

at work now so cant post screenshot but when I check the DPC latency at desktop with nothing running the DPC varies from around 8 us to 70 us or so, is this good? bad? average?

spiking at 100-120 us , think it was the graphic driver and one more thing that I cant remember now, but I had quite a lot of pagefaults , is that bad? how can I lower them?

would appreciate any input on the subject! :D

will also post screenshots later today, thanks!

2. Han2K

Han2K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 GX
    Anything below 1000 is ok.
    Below 500 is good.
    Below 100 is great.

So yours is perfect.

3. alexander1986

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    nice, thanks for the answer, but what about the pagefaults, I read it has to do with virtual memory/page file , right now ive set it to let windows automatically manage the page file, is this good or bad?

have 8gb ram and 480 gb disk, should i set a fixed pagefile or something to avoid these pagefaults?

thanks!

4. alexander1986

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    guys, so I have tweaked my computer for hours now both bios and windows settings trying to lower DPC and to get as responsive mouse as possible,

after changing different stuff and running 1 minute tests with latency mon on the desktop with no other background programs running I get this as best result :

[​IMG]

but one question , to get this one of the things I did was turning off some cpu settings in my bios, like those 3 "C" states, i forget the exact name now but like C3 C6 and so on, also disabled all power saving settings and "turbo" mode on the cpu, high precision event timer etc,

so now cpu constantly base clock 3.2 ghz in windows, probably a big reason for getting low DPC latency, but my question is now, is my CPU not supposed to throttle up atleast to 3.6 ghz turbo as max ? or did I perhaps disable that in bios?

Can I test it by running some game and checking with CPU-Z or similar program? maybe taskmanager? when is it supposed to turbo up to 3.6 from 3.2 ghz , if anyone can help would be greatly appreciated!