Optimize nVidia Display settings for FS2004

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by andresg, Jul 23, 2011.

1. andresg

andresg Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX560 Ti Direct TOP
    Hi there

Sinds nHancer don't support the newest Nvidia drivers i would like to know how i can setup my graphic card to have the same quality when i am using nHancer.

I have a Asus Geforce GTX560Ti DirectCUII TOP graphic card.( i recently replace my geforce 9800gx2 who died).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  2. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    We use nvidia inspector now to tweak settings.

3. andresg

andresg Guest

GPU:
    ow sweet, thanks m8 will try that out

4. andresg

andresg Guest

GPU:
    After a few weeks of testing i am not convinced i got frames improvement, taking my 9800gx2 as example. I expected much more from GTX560ti.

Currently i am using inspector for AA in FS2004 although i have a doubt that the settings for MS Flight Simulator 2004 are correctly applied, i do press the button apply settings, but nothing happend (was expecting some kind of conformation).

Also with my new card i have very poor flight performance after 1 hour of flight. Disabling the sound within Fs2004 slightly help. When on ground i have @ start frames around 30(using payware and locked frames @ 40), in air i have 40fps, when arriving i hvae 7fps, disabling the sound get me 18fps.

I normally ran very good frames with the 9800 GX2 with everything on max, but only one differents are the drivers and the use of nHancer.

What should i do, uninstall and run back to nhancer with old drivers. FS2004 is the only thing what i do atm. Anyone got some suggestion for me. I am very eager the run fs2004 good again.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    What cpu? Youre most likely cpu bottlenecked.

6. andresg

andresg Guest

GPU:
    I am having the E6600 2 x 2,4Ghz.
    With the Geforce9800x2 i had no problems @ all,

But is it that my current cpu is to slow for the gtx560Ti?

7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Very much so. At minimum you would need a quad Qx9xxx or dual core sandy bridge to not bottleneck it.

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    you should not get worse performance with a better card. something may be wrong with your setting 9800x2 vs 560ti. those flight simulators seem to be about cpu power, do not know if the 2004 version is the same. can you overclock your cpu?

9. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    Yep make an OC and then write again !!

10. andresg

andresg Guest

GPU:
    Will do a OC, and will let you know the result.
    Also my PSU is 500w, i suspect that it is to underpowered for the 560ti and not for the 9800x2, but that is just a guess.

Will let you all know soon, thanks so far for the answers.

Just an extra note, yesterday i was flying again in FS2004.
    I have the normal setup it was a flight from Frankfurt to Heatrow.

I use:
    FS9.1 = (2004 sp1)
    FSGlobal 2010
    Heatrow and Frankfurt payware scenery
    and in this case the Wilco Airbus A320.

Views:
    - 2d cockpit: No problems @ all with sounds on around 60-100fps
    - Virtual cockpit: Same as above slightly less FPS around 40. (3d cockpit)
    - Tower view: Same as above no problem.
    - Outside view: Frame drop around 18 to 24fps, after 1 hour of flight i disable sound and it rases from 7fps to around 18fps.

I have a soundcard build in my mainboard, also i removed the Shadow texture and the reflection from my airplane, and reduce draw distance of 3d clouds from 40mi to 30mi and reduced 100% 3d texture to around 60. but that doesn't improve the fps.

Will comeback tomorrow night with some results.

11. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Just proves that you are CPU limited

12. johnwillimas

johnwillimas New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX-580 2G
    CPU limit is the same for FS-X I think.

13. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    Fsx is much more cpu limited compared to fs2004.But in my own experience fs 2004 ran well on my E6600 10 years ago.I mainly play fsx and P3D now.
    Lock your fps to 30.

nvinspector put texture filtering on clamp and texture filtering you can fiddle a bit around try quality or performance.
    Try to not use ingame aa and use nvidia aa, inspector setting: antialiasing override any application setting.Find out wich aa works best for you.:)

oh and try to resize your cloud textures for fs2004 1024 cloud can be a bit big try 256 or 512 it can do alot.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Not sure why this 5 year old thread was bumped, but fwiw.. Yep, its FSX thats CPU limited. Especially for CPUs around that time (2006/7). FS2004 was released when single cores were still predominant so should have been a cinch for an e6600.

15. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    I use Flight Simulator X constantly and have it heavily modded with many addons , eg orbx and so on , i can tell you now that all MS flight sims are very CPU intensive , you are being held back by your current CPU , with the setup i have i only get 30fps in big cities sometimes less, and this is running my cpu i7 6700k @ 4.5 and a 6gb vram gtx 980 ti

If you like flight simming , why don't you swap over to FSX and buy it from steam , dovetail games have taken it over and its had some very slight optimization from them ,

the setup you have there should run it on medium settings , one of the best upgrades i did was to put FSX onto it own dedicated 500gb evo samsung ssd and this really help out alot with the smoothness and loading the vast amount of textures much faster .

Dovetail Games at this moment are working on a full up to date flight sim covering the whole word , hopefull it will release sometime later this year .

Damm this post is indeed 5yrs old :bang:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016

16. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    Haha indeed sorry man i did an allnighter need some sleep!!:deflate: