3d Prophet 4500 /Riva TNT 1 multiple monitors error!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by godkiko, Aug 22, 2002.

1. godkiko

godkiko Guest

I have a 3d prophet 4500 AGP video card and a Viper V550 (riva tnt ) PCI video car and I'm trying to operate them in dual display mode... My board is and Asus P5A with the latest drivers for AGP (v 1.90) when I choose to boot in AGP/PCI mode, Windows tells me that my driver for 4500 car AGP is not good and uses VGA display driver....but this doesnt happend when booting in PCI/AGP mode.... With windows XP ...If tried every combination of driver of Nvidia and Kyro...the only thing left to do is to flash my bios of my Asus board..

Help me!!!

2. Golden Dragoon

Golden Dragoon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Something that makes funny whining noises
    Umm im going to copy this to the nVidia section as well so you might get more help there i'll attempt to find a solution but it sounds as if it is a driver problem.

3. Golden Dragoon

Golden Dragoon Maha Guru

GPU:
    just a thought have you trued Official Kyro drivers from powerVR? www.powervr.com if they still have them get the 1.40 WHQL drivers if they don't i can send them as an attachment on an email to you if you supply your address i have found these drivers to be stable and work well when another vid card is in the system

4. godkiko

godkiko Guest

5. Golden Dragoon

Golden Dragoon Maha Guru

GPU:
  6. godkiko

godkiko Guest

What does WHQL means???? they have more chance to resolve my problem???

7. Golden Dragoon

Golden Dragoon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Windows Hardware Quality Labs
    basicly microsoft have tested them thoroughly and approve them for use and yes as they have been through riggorus testing they should work better than other non WHQL drivers
    Did the drivers fix your problem?

8. godkiko

godkiko Guest

No it didn't fix the problem...

The thing is that when I install the drivers it works but if I reboot the computer then it starts to redo the problem again!! the VGA adapter as been selected cause bla bla bla......... so What should I do now!!

9. Golden Dragoon

Golden Dragoon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Well you could try relocating the PCI card to a different slot to see if that helps but if it dosn't then you could try to flash the video cards Bioses then if that fails your motherboards bios with luck this should work also try the latest detonator drivers for your TnT card you can find them on the Guru3d home page under downloads.
    I think this is all i can do for you but i will continue to try to get to the root of your problem.

10. godkiko

godkiko Guest

I don't really want to try that option...flashing bioses....

Is there something else that I can do????

11. Golden Dragoon

Golden Dragoon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Well i can't think of anything else try over at the nVidia forum to see if they can help try the latest detonator drivers from the guru3d download page and you could try getting the latest AGP drivers from your motherboard maker if any of these don't work then try and flash your motherboards bios thats the only other thing i can think of