Max Payne 3 - Winter 2009 ZOMG!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by x-speed69, Mar 23, 2009.

1. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
  2. iHigh

iHigh Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5970
    enjoy your 2 hours game.

3. Fofal

Fofal Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Why 2 hours?

4. CharlieSimon

CharlieSimon Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 970
    Sweet :)
    Looks awesome!

5. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!..............First game after GTAIV that i am drooling for!!!

6. witlzei

witlzei Guest

GPU:
    GB 760
    Wow, R* + Max Payne...

This´ll never be as good as the first two games.

7. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    If it's made anything like GTAIV, will require either a Radeon 4870X9 or GTX680 Tri SLI with a 16 core Intel Core i10

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Ahh yeah, it comes for consoles too so it will be awesome and it will probably FAIL on PC users as it happens many times. Maybe it will require 4 cores as GTA4? who knows. i talk like BS i know. lets wait and see :)

9. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    i dont like the site...

10. Phalkon30

Phalkon30 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 GT @ 420x1175 /water
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvKwF450eVA

Hmm, Max Payne was my favorite game of all time because of the storyline/comic book style thing and bullet time. From that youtube video all that may be gone. I really hope they don't ruin the franchise like they did with the movie.

Either way, I'm a little worried. It's coming out "Spring 2009", but there is little hype about it. I hope it's not half assed.

11. Mochen

Mochen Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX275 OCX
    Damn, swore i'd never buy another rockstar game after the mess that was gta 4. Not sure i can resist this though....

12. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
  13. Phalkon30

Phalkon30 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 GT @ 420x1175 /water
    Nope, lol. After looking at it a second time that should have been pretty obvious for several reasons...wow.

Btw, winter 2009 has passed, Spring started last Friday I believe.

14. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    well to me Winter 2009 = in the end of this year.

15. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    :bawl::bawl:

Yeah, my hopes for this are low. Very low. I hope I'll get positively surprised, but I doubt it.

16. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    if this is true, then i am super excited, don't mind if it'll be a bit consolish or anything as long as they keep teh gameplay as good as previous ones with a decent story.

unfortunately bothers me if REMEDY won't develop it, i'm not saying Rockstar will ruin it but i have big doubts.

17. xtaz

xtaz Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+
    Good news, BUT I will wait before I buy this. I have learned my lessons with GTA4.

18. kaazz

kaazz Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GT 512mb
    It's not like Max Payne 3 will have some an huge textures that will drop your FPS. It's not like GTA4, max payne is more based on inside buildings, dark places, even if it well not optimized it should run very well.

19. dune2

dune2 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    "Rockstar Games is proud to announce that Max Payne 3 is currently in development and scheduled for a winter 2009 release on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC. Developed by Rockstar Vancouver, Max Payne 3 tells the story of a retired police detective embroiled in a world of corruption, turmoil and intense violence. The award-winning Max Payne franchise put players in the role of Max Payne, a hard-boiled New York City detective with a penchant for violence, out to avenge the death of his family. The latest installment delivers more of the classic elements and hyper-intense action that fans have come to love, while moving the story of Max in a new direction. "We're starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation." Since leaving the NYPD and New York itself behind, Max has drifted from bad to worse. Double-crossed and a long way from home, Max is now trapped in a city full of violence and bloodshed, using his weapons and instincts in a desperate search for the truth and a way out. "

Doesn't sound too bad! ;)
    From the sound of it (last sentence in particular), I am willing to bet that he has ended up in L.A.

20. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Wasnt the original developer for the game Remedy ? Arent they developing Alan Wake also?

I mean if Rockstar makes it lets hope they can pull it off not being GTA IV style. Also did anyone notice on the front page the Art that looked like to be Cell Shaded? I wonder if they are going to do it Cell Shaded game?