NVIDIA overclocking,tweaking and cooling....All info you need.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by funkymonkey, Jan 5, 2004.

1. WarrenCKC

WarrenCKC Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE 2GB
    Hi, I don't have any problems playing games but when I launch Heaven Benchmarking 4.0, I suddenly get a black screen followed by an error message about my GPU. Any ideas?

2. theDUD3

theDUD3 Member

GPU:
    Palit Jetstream 107
    nice guide but too outdated, this desperately needs an update.

3. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    its a driver's crash, hit Control Alt and Delete should get you back to desk top.

4. moka pc laptop

moka pc laptop Guest

GPU:
    R9280 2 gb
    no via bios....how else?

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I think the last poster in this thread died of old age.

6. boe

boe Guest

GPU:
    PNY 980 TI
    Hello,

I just installed the Accelero IV and would like to try out overclocking for the first time - never have done this with anything before. The first page recommends rivatuner but I can't seem to find it. Is there something newer I should be using? I'm running Win 10 and have a 980TI and have the stock NVidia drivers from NVidia direct.

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    As the first page is 12 years old, I guess it's not that up to date in each detail anymore :)

You could start with MSI Afterburner, or whichever software PNY might have for their own graphics cards.

fry178 likes this.
  8. boe

boe Guest

GPU:
    PNY 980 TI
    Thanks - I ended up Asus GPU tweak. I'm not sure if it matters. I was able to get about an 11% gain in performance with OC. After that it became unstable.

9. No1True

No1True Guest

GPU:
    That guide lasted for a decade... update the guide so it can continue to be useful for another decade +1

10. WinterMagican

WinterMagican Member

GPU:
    Pascal TITAN X 4Way-SLI

11. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  12. wolik

wolik Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti/11
    Neu install Haven ?

13. Krasus

Krasus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Mobile
    I have small question, I currently have Msi Gtx 1060 Armor 6gb and overclocked it with Msi afterburner. I am able to reach +176 core and +800 memory, tested with valley benchmark and time spy, firestrike(3dmark) It seems stable.

But in this review, the author also increases the voltage by %100 and uses lower values than me: -he has the same card-
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_1060_6gt_oc_review,25.html

So, do I need to increase the voltage as well or leaving it untouched(locked in afterburner) causes unstability?(since I overclocked higher than the article without increasing voltage) I also tested with Bf 1 and it seems fine. Just wondering the logic behind it.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  14. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @Krasus
    have yet to see a 1050/60/70 that will clock much higher than when card has maxed out coreV/power/temp limits in something like Afterburner.
    e.g. boost 3.0 is now so close to max clock of the chip, that all cards that i applied additional clocks to, would always drop to/below max boost clock once under load.

all chip limits are set by Nv, hence all cards are roughly clocking the same, and i've seen FEs clock higher than some AIB cards.

set sliders for voltage/power/temps to max, no additional clock on core/ram.
    run bench/game for at least 30 min to saturate cooler/pc.
    look at the max clock reported in monitoring tool. reset the monitor values.
    add manual clock and test again, as soon as the card starts clocking down 13MHz below what your max was before, your hitting limiters (most likely power) and reached the max for this chip/card.

valley is good for testing stability, but less for max clock check, as i have yet to see cards boosting continuous to the same frequency in a game, like they do in valley.

15. Phyxsyus

Phyxsyus Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    hey guys, I recently got the zotac Gtx 1070 mini and i'm kinda worried about some information showing on MSI afterburner.
    It's related to limits.
    [​IMG]
    Is this normal? Should I be worried?

16. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    not as long as you dont have issues when gaming.
    the mini is a little limited in cooling but otherwise should still boost fine.
    did you max out the temp slider as well?

17. Phyxsyus

Phyxsyus Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    @fry178
    yeah, power limit at 112 and temp at 92, but temps never exceeded 72ยบ
    the usual boost clock is 1923

18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    If I may ask, what were you doing at that time of t he graphs? Because it looks like it's not used thouroughly (no load limit being at 1 at times during use).

19. Phyxsyus

Phyxsyus Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
  20. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Ah okay, I was just wondering why it shows no use at certain points. Thanks for clarifying.