Anyone have a list of Temps for the 390/x ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by HyeVltg3, Sep 2, 2015.

1. HyeVltg3

HyeVltg3 Guest

GPU:
    ROG STRIX-RX480-O8G-GAMIN
    My room is amb. 25-30c (77-86f).
    Would like to get the lowest ranked branded cooler

Interested in the 390 over the X, just assuming if such a list exists it wold have both.

If any of you kind folks could tell me your 390 temps what brand.
    Would like to get the Sapphire, but think its 308mm Length is too long for my 310mm rated case (measured only ~308.5mm, looks like it fits but...dunno)
    If I cant do the Sapphire I was thinking Gigabyte or MSI...but which of the brands is coolest. (or best/most reliable?)

Thank You.

(Psst whats up with this Driver crashing issue? is it just the usual rocky start problems..or AMD being AMD.)

2. Srsbsns

Srsbsns Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Liquid
  3. mjorgenson

mjorgenson Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW-RX 480
    It is amazing what you can do with fan curves, but I will say the Sapphire has a fantastic design.

4. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    MSI 390. Took me some time to get good air flow with out fans maxed (case fans, 5 in system). Before it would get to 76-79. I got it now where it will get 69-70.

So never gets close to 80 anymore. Use to be stuck at 1500 idle yet with the new 15.8.. for ME its goes to 150.. so idle now is 31-33.

So with out good air flow ..haha.. goes for any video card the temps will be high. Great card though.

So far for ME the 3 fans seem to keep the card cooler (Nvidia). Yet I dont have a 3 fan 390 to compare. I know what reviews show but no one has the same system so. The MSI's are a tad bigger fans so

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015

5. HyeVltg3

HyeVltg3 Guest

GPU:
    ROG STRIX-RX480-O8G-GAMIN
    Geez that Fury X, 56 on load, cmon. AIOWC is just the future.

Ended up with the Club 3D 390 for $330usd shipped.
    a bit disheartening that its 290 temps are a bit high at idle compared to the others, looks like the same cooler is on the 390s, will be happy with 75c at load, thats doable. think getting close to 80 is just lowering lifespans.
    I have a 4 fan set up, one in the front, that I dont see being very efficient, it blows right to the Drive cage so barely any cool air makes it to the motherboard, have my top fan as exhaust, back fan brings in air for my CPU's 212 Evo cooler, and last one is a side fan right where the PCIex16 slot is, good ventilation..I guess but my current 280X DCU2 hits 75-77 on load.