Intel Chipset Software Installation 10.1.2.10 WHQL Download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Links seem down to me (both primary and secondary).

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Gimme a couple of minutes, the file-servers need to sync up.

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I see, I guess I was to quick for once :p

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Well heck yea .... :)

6. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    hmmm... i am wondering this is chipset installation work for all chipset ?

previous version : https://downloadmirror.intel.com/20775/eng/ReleaseNotes 10.0.27.htm

do mention core generation 1~6

while 10.1.2.10 release not mention those
    rather xeon line-up?
    Intel® Chipset Device Software Support

The Intel® Chipset Device Software contains support for the following:

§ Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v3 product family

§ Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v4 product family

§ Intel® C610 series chipset

§ Intel® C600 series chipset

§ Intel® Atom™ Processor C2000 product family

§ Intel® Atom™ Processor S1200 product family

§ Intel® Xeon® Processor D-1500 product family

§ Intel® Communications Chipset 8900 Series

§ Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v5 product family

§ Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v4 product family

§ Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3 product family

§ Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v2 product family

§ Intel® C230 series chipset family

§ Intel® C220 series chipset family

§ Intel® C210 series chipset family

so basically they just add support to chipset listed above in this release right?

also wonder why intel havent upload to their download center too ?
    dont get me wrong, the file from here is legit WHQL

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I get unknown error after trying to run it. Weird.

edit: Xeon only? Figures. Had it with other recent versions too though.

8. toxzl1

toxzl1 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 390X Strix
    I installed it and it does not fix those issues. I did same installation steps.

Release note: Fix issues on USB controller devices 8D2D and 8D26 for Intel C610 series/X99 chipset

9. CrisanT

CrisanT Guest

z68

i am curently on z68 chipset and the Automatic Update Utility isnt founding any new driver for my chipset.

10. Franzisca

Franzisca Member

GPU:
    2x MSI Nvidia GTX 980
    What exactly is the USB issue that this version is supposed to fix? I have the controller in question on my board (ASUS RVE) but experienced no USB problems at all with the previous 10.1.2.8 release.

I'm always sceptical about these WHQL's from station-drivers that are not on Intel's or any Motherboard manufacturers website.

11. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

They're real drivers, just you haven't found the source ;).

As I said on previous posts these drivers have no payload. They are just INF's, essentially a set of text based instructions to identify things correctly to Windows. Any drivers requiring payload links to the system machine.inf, such that the driver name etc comes from the driver, but the driver info is read from the system INF's that may have payload (and does for USB). It's actually quite simple if you know how it works :). So, for errors like this, it's likely Intel just muffed something up.

So, it is good to install to make sure everything is identified correctly, but if it is, running it should give you zero benefit. The only benefits that you may have, and some have reported of benefits, is connected devices get reinitialised with the Intel INF install. This will only be of benefit if there was something screwy on the system related to those connected devices drivers.

12. drwoodcomb

drwoodcomb Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti 6GB
    What does adding "-overall" to end of target line do?

Does anyone know what adding "-overall" to end of target line accomplishes? I tried googling it but got nothing.

Just curious. Thanks

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Forces Windows to update all Intel drivers included in the package that it can update, means your getting the Intel versions in instead of the Microsoft ones.
    overall replaced force and another switch I believe.

14. sfektsz

sfektsz Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 770 2GB
    Sorta Off Topic: I'm using Intel Chipset Software 10.1.1.7, and recently did a clean install of Windows, and now I don't see 'Intel(R) 4th Gen Core - DRAM Controller - 0C00' in Device Manager under System Devices. Does this mean Intel Chipset Software v10.1.1.7 isn't identifying everything correctly? I got the Chipset Software from my motherboard's driver page: http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z97AR/HelpDesk_Download/

15. Foonus

Foonus Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 2070SC
    Same boat.. really not sure as to the use of these Chipset INF updates on older systems. Have been running them relegiously on every WHQL release for the past years but have noticed that more often than not now they just run, and INSTALL NOTHING, require no restart.. IE..

On closer inspection of device manager all drivers that are signed by INTEL and not MS are from 2013...

Used to be MS said to install this as one of first things if not first after new windows install, now it verges on the edge of useless unless you are running a system with hardware not supported by default in your OS.

Coincidentally it also runs with no changes (doing nothing) on both my laptop, my proliant file server, and the Dell one as well.. all 4 machine not a single file updated for ages with these inf updaters.

16. Kevin cobley

Kevin cobley Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 3070
    Installed this "alleged driver" it shut down all my USB ports and LAN's, fortunately had made a system image backup the day before and was able to reinstall my drive.
    Not installing anything from this site again.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's a chipset driver so it'll update the chipset/motherboard components which will indeed temporarily shut down USB ports and such as the components are updated, though from what you describe it didn't reset them afterwards so
    something must have failed during install.
    (A restart is required for the driver to install correctly but it should still turn all ports on again afterwards when the install is done.)

There's a couple of different Intel chipset driver versions so it's probably that as they differ depending on what chipset series you use, x79 use one branch and x99 another and so on. :)
    (Station-Drivers is currently offline or I could have tried finding that post which described this in better detail, basically as I understood it 10.1.x.x such as this driver is for the x79 and older and 10.2.x.x is for x99 and newer but I have to find that post again to check for certain, of course the driver should abort before trying to install as it'll detect a compatibility issue.)

I wouldn't use the "-overall" command either but that might have changed since I last read up on how it worked, far as I know this is mostly .inf files giving components their proper names so driver wise it's a bit basic so using "-overall" you forcefully override every Intel chipset component with the ones in this driver which can overwrite the AHCI/Raid Intel Rapid Storage drivers and possibly the Intel Management Engine driver too, unsure if it could also interfere with the various Intel network cards.
    (I just run it without additional arguments and if it needs to update something it'll do so while keeping the latest Intel drivers from other packages such as the RSTE or MEI - or LAN if that's included too - if those are better.)

EDIT: You can also go to Intel's website directly and download any required driver from there, their file repository might not always contain the latest available version though but they should be stable and fully tested.
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=chipset+device+software
    (Can also check your motherboard manufacturers website for required drivers but in my experience those are rarely updated so they are mostly just used for reference while you get the latest versions of them from elsewhere.)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  18. Will This work for 3770k/Z77 chipset? Seems its just for Xeons and X99. I've had a few issues since fresh installing Windows 10 so getting everything up to date could be my saving grace :)

19. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    P8P67 DELUXE reporting for duty!

20. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    Did you install it yet ? let me know. :banana: