Booting an Android phone without a power button?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by P0NYSLAYSTATION, Apr 8, 2016.

1. P0NYSLAYSTATION

P0NYSLAYSTATION Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 512MB
    Hey guys, I have a Blackview Crown (crappy Chinese Android phone) with a broken power button.

I have opened it up to find the cable has become unsoldered from the main board, the contacts are pretty small and I'm not confident about re-soldering them so I layered up a bunch of electrical tape to hold the contacts to the board with pressure from the case but no joy :(

I've given up on fixing that myself as the battery and back panel are hooked up such that you have to fully disassemble to get to the power button and fully re-assemble to try turning it on and it's basically just a real bastard. Anyway, the phone otherwise works fine and I was wondering if anyone can think of a way to boot it without the power button?

I can get as far as the boot menu by holding the volume buttons as I plug in USB but A I still need the power button to actually select anything on the menu and B the menu is in Chinese.

I have tried booting through ADB but it seems I never enables USB debugging, so right now I'm just hoping someone knows a way to enable USB debugging from the PC? Given that the phone can't get past the boot menu right now anything that would need the OS running probably won't work.

Next time I'm buying a phone that costs more than fifty quid...

2. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    don't think there is a way....you need the power button to select anything in the menus... you can usually set usb debugging from the stock recovery, but you cant get there without a power button.... have you tried a wee repair shop, shouldn't cost much for them to fix it up

3. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    You went through ALL that trouble for a $hitty China phone?

It's really not worth investing your time on and forget repairing it.

Go buy a new phone!

4. P0NYSLAYSTATION

P0NYSLAYSTATION Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 512MB
    Yeah I kind of figured it would be new phone time, I just wanted to get it working in the mean time, don't like to keep my Tinder bitches waiting :p

5. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Just thought I'd comment on your username. Funny and makes me laugh every time I read it. :)

Just a thought. If you want something decent and on a budget. I'd seriously go for something like an LG G3 or a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or a Sony Xperia Z2.

All excellent flagship phones you can find UNDER £200 in Ebay, Amazon or other online stores...