13.1 Reloaded driver for legacy users...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kevsamiga1974, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Ruslu

Ruslu Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760
    And the NET4 bug is still existant, just encountered it when I restarted my computer.

2. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    So therefore test mode shouldn't actually be required, as the kernal .sys files are infact signed on those critical components. It's why it works on 7. :)

Just an unsigned install *without* a modified Windows 8 .inf should be all that's required...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  3. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Damn looks like the bug isn't in CCC but atidemgy.dll as I suspected, but do the user profiles now work ?

4. Ruslu

Ruslu Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760
    Where are they located?

5. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Game profiles are here :

[​IMG]

Ones you create yourself (user profiles) are listed on application profiles item by using the save button located at the top of this 3D Settings window when you choose an alternative profile.

6. Ruslu

Ruslu Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760
    Nope, no such list existant for me, page ends with CrossfireX mode.

7. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    You cannot change the dropdown list from <Default mode> to <Use AMD Pre-defined profile> shown above to see the list no ?

It <the list> by default won't appear until you do that step from drop down menu...

Need confirmation on this fix for Windows 8 or not. If this still doesn't work, is Windows 8 CCC problem, and I won't be able to try to solve missing profiles under Windows 8 until Windows 8 is installed for real.

8. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    I had a problem with another driver, the option to turn catalyst AI off was missing. After I ran atiman uninstaller the option was restored.

9. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    I think you guys are making things complicated than it really is, the way we are using Test Mode with these drivers is different than the purpose Test Mode was designed for. Test Mode was designed so Test Signed drivers can work without the need for a digitally signed driver, and driver makers use this option to Test there drivers before actually signing them with a digital signature.

Now for AMD drivers, I don't think AMD has ever digitally signed .sys file, instead they sign the .cat files with a digital signature and that signature reference all files within the driver. However the files in driver folder needs to match the data that the .Cat references to actually function as a signed driver. If you look at the AMD new drivers 13.2 Beta 5 you will see some of the dll files are individually signed, they never did this for a .sys file.

10. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    ok so changing the atidemgx.dll to atidemgy.dll and replacing it in the package before installing should solve the problem right?

Probably needs some testing to confirm.

When Enabling the old Catalyst AI the new one will be replace with old. Do you want to get rid of the new one to get back Catalyst AI off (ATI Tray Tools should have alll options readily available to you.)

11. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Not that simple, atidemgy.dll must be matched to same CCC as driver taken from or the CCC tabs will go missing. :)

Is why the new package is a different CCC and different atidemgy.dll

12. Ruslu

Ruslu Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760
    The profiles are there when choosing AMD Pre-defined profile.

OT, but can someone advise me what changes I should make in CCC to get the most out of it?

13. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Sorry, I meant getting the files from your drivers and not taking it out from any old or new package. On another note I changed the atidemgy and replaced it with atidemgx but I still need to test it on windows 8, I'm currently on Windows 7.

EDITED
    Kev is atidemgy.dll the only file that is updated in your package or did you also update the atidemgx.dll?

UPDATE 2
    Tried the atidemgx.dll from your package and also the one from 13.1 legacy package but catalyst displays missing tabs

EDITED 3
    Should I just upgrade everything to 13.1 Legacy regarding Catalyst or should I use a slightly newer Catalyst?

UPDATE 4
    Updated everything regarding catalyst to 13.1 Legacy, will now use atidemyx instead of y

14. Vidar

Vidar Member Guru

GPU:
    S. Nitro+ RX580 8GB
    Have you tried Start8?

15. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Hmm, is Star8 fully functional? Asking because I tried those start Menu addon before but they were always lacking, so I never felt comfortable with them.

16. Vidar

Vidar Member Guru

GPU:
    S. Nitro+ RX580 8GB
    I actually haven't tried it myself. I'll download the trial now.

EDIT: Well i'm not sure what features you're after, but I think i prefer this over the orignal win7 start menu :p

17. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Aha ! so the replacement grafted CCC re-edited to work on legacy has fixed the missing profiles bug on Windows 8. Even if not NET4 issue. :)

18. teohokage

teohokage Guest

GPU:
    atimobility HD4570
    someone tell me plz a easy guide to overclock my mobility hd 4570 ?

19. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    Hi kev,
    Trying to give you a hand, I give you all my feedback that I can:

I put on my win7 64b with .Net4, the driver with the new CCC (obviously after clean install) but still nothing compares under Open GL settings (no crossfire section with list of games).
    Even with this Cap, no fifa.exe (fifa 2012) existing system profile

I even notice that I have a little bug still going on in CCC (for all amd catalyst and not for the ones before, the old ati red colored catalyst):

When I press accept for Overdrive settings (always with no UAC) everything goes well but only the manual fan option works for a second then it gets grey and I can’t select it any more (I forgot to tell you this because I never used it)

However, running CC Cleaner after the installation (before the installation in CC Cleaner there was nothing), for all 13.1 series I have this:

Problem activeX/COM :
    InProcServer32\C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Implementation\64\wbocx.ocx

Registry Key:
    HKCR\CLSID\(EB2D089B-51AD-4DEA-98D3-C37A0F3479D7)

Non valid CLSID

CC Cleaner wants to delete this.

I looked in C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies , but there is no ATI.ACE\Core¬Implementation\64\wbocx.ocx

ATI.ACE folder is only in C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies

Think something’s wrong happening when installed or it’s nothing important ??
    Don't remember anything else being usefull for you.

20. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Right...from my preliminary Windows 8 install of the Official Catalyst 13.1 completed late last night for testing purposes. :

This is with Single 4870 card, not 4870x2.

You don't get user profile items under OpenGL item in CCC !

So this appears completely normal when not in Crossfire. So it depends what card you have as to whether you see it or not, at least here.

I also observed green DXVA/html5 playback under Windows 8 x64 with the standard Windows 8 x64 OS installation drivers !

The support of Windows 8 with the legacy drivers appears poor and badly integrated, even with a single card. Not quite sure what can be done about all these issues left behind yet. But now it's a new start. Driver is still a work in progress.

I suppose you'll have to give it some time so I can try work through all the issues with the standard drivers under Windows 8, because it's still too early for me to assess everything. Windows 8 x64 was only installed yesterday.

- Added unsigned install guide @ top post for Windows 8

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013