Corsair H100i vs. heatpipe cooler

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by AsiJu, Feb 12, 2014.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yo!

I've recently been intrigued by these Hydro coolers as they allow moving to water cooling with minimum effort, so to speak.

Question is, is it worth the money to move from a heatpipe-based cooler (Zalman CNPS10X Performa) to a H100i?

I'm running Haswell i5-4670K and the load temp peak is around 75-76 celsius degrees overclocked. What can I expect with the H100i temperaturewise?

Any input appreciated!

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    your better off going for the Swiftech H320 if you have the room.

3. Marco Borsato

Marco Borsato Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ti
    I agree that's probably the best all in one liquid cooling solution, you do need room for a triple radiator in your case though so you might want to take a look at that. I'm using a h100i with a Core i7 3770k clocked at 4.6 ghz / 1.25v and my temps usually max out at 70~75 degrees and that's with 4 fans in a push pull configuration, it's quite noisy and I'm not that satisfied with the performance honestly.

4. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Love the h100i have replaced the stock fans on it as they were noisy and it's awesome have my fans set to push just fits in my case with slight mod keeps my overclocked FX8350 1.45v nice and cool max temp seen 51c during gaming hovers around 46c most of the time idle on the FX is a joke but in bios it shows it at 27c

case HAF 912+ cant screw radiator into case it is slightly to tight you can get it in but screw positions are wrong but using tie wraps it pulls it up to top grill nice and tight.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Not meaning to hijack the thread (Might also be useful info for OP)

Would the Swiftech 320 fit in the CoolerMaster HAF922 case ?

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    No. But the H100i or any 240mm AIO will fit.

7. chasus

chasus Guest

GPU:
    -
    It will not fit in unless with some (heavy) mod.

However, it can fit outside easily, with some kind of mounting bracket.
    An example is this Koolance mounting bracket:-
    http://koolance.com/radiator-mounting-bracket-with-quick-release

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

Cool cheers - wasn't keen on the H100i, seems a lot of them have pump problems with them not spinning up to full speed every boot, my brother has one and he has to reboot a couple times to get it running properly or it CPU overheats and the machine shuts off

Tried loads of things, updating firmwares / drivers / softwares / plugging direct to board / PSU etc etc

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Hey what cooling do u have atm?
    I need a better cooler that can handle summer as well as winter, was also looking at the h100i but I'm trying to avoid water and wondering if it will be worthwhile getting a Noctua.....any thoughts? What are your temps like?

I have a Hyper N620 which has served me for 3-4 years...it's about equal to a Thermalright TRUE. Getting high 60's during load.

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I'm still on air atm, 'Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme' that's why I was asking about the Swiftech too, summer will arrive and my OC will have to drop if I don't get it under water first

Atm I can just about manage full load high 50s low 60s in coretemp but when it was warmer and I first got this chip, the same OC jumped right up into the 60s in just a few seconds of load, so definitely the winter helping atm

Im thinking maybe the Swiftech H220, heard good things about them

Looks similar to the Tuniq but you have an extra fan, mine just has one in the middle

Impressive that they can keep up with OCd FX chips though, iirc I only paid about £35 for this about 4-5 years ago

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Ha yeah I def got my monies worth given it was originally bought for an Athlon II dual core...:D

Problem with liquid is it's so damned expensive, AIO systems start at around $220 here in NZ...

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea it's definitely a costly investment, and not exactly an exciting upgrade as something performance wise, but sometimes needs must, these little fighters we're running now are about ready for retirement and it's been a while since I took the side off my case and thought "Yea looks nice", now I just see dust and a massive eyesore cooler - I reckon the H220 will give it back that wow factor

I can get one on eBay for £121
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swiftech-...K_Computing_Water_Cooling&hash=item5d49294c12

These are refillable too, and apparently can be extended to cool GPUs too, so out of the main choices of AIOs, I like the look of the Swiftech over the others

13. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    If you can find a good price on something like a Noctua NH-D14 or Alpenföhn K2 Mount Doom I'd say go for it. They should give a healthy improvement over that N620. The Mount Doom will probably be a bit cheaper if you can find it, they're going for £50 and under in the UK compared to £65 for the Noctua. I think it goes under a different name in some areas though. The only AIO cooler I'd even consider would be the Swiftech H320, other than that I lean toward high end air or spending the extra on a custom loop.

Review for the K2 Mount Doom: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2013/08/30/alpenf-hn-k2-mount-doom-review/2

For the price it's a solid bit of kit, and the review is for the supplied fans. You could still slap a third on there if you wanted. For £15 less than a D14 and £20 less than a H80i, it's what I'd go for tbh. I couldn't justify the extra for the performance difference seen.

14. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    I could also recommend the Thermalright Archon Rev A. if you can still find it, it serves me very well even in summer heat i can keep my cpu overclocked to 5ghz under 75 celsius in prime, but you'd probably need to mount two fans instead of the single fan it comes with, i have 2 scythe 1900rpm fans.

15. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    The H320 is a beast. Whilst the triple rad is obviously better than a double it's the pump compared to other AIO's that sets them apart!

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Okay, given everything posted here and some reviews, I'll pass on the H100i then.

Would surely like to give that H320 a look, but it won't fit in my case if it's a triple rad configuration. Even double rad would probably require some modding.

Meaning I'd need a new case too and the total investment would be too large.

Cheers for the input, again saved my money by posting here first!

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    1st choice Kraken x60
    2nd Noctua D14

18. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    I'm using Kraken x60 for my 4930K @ 4.6. Never goes above 72 on a hot day.