Nvidia 382.53 - Reboot Crash loop on Window 10 Sign On

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Richginge, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Richginge

Richginge Member

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce 280 AMP
    Nvidia 382.53 - Reboot Crash loop on Window 10 Sign On (Laptop Gigabyte Aero 14)

Hi all,

I have had to disable my Nvidia 1060m device on my laptop within safe mode to prevent the irritating reboot loop within Windows 10.

I am not sure if it was instantly after installing 382.53 driver, but when my laptop started up and the Windows 10 sign-on screen appeared, my laptop would instant reboot every time. Thus the reboot loop.

Anyone know of a fix... I still have my dedicated graphics card disabled in-order to use my laptop!

Laptop Spec:

Gigabyte Aero 14
    GeForce GTX 1060
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    M2 SSD
    Windows 10 v1703 OS BUILD 15063.413

I had a similar issue several years ago on my old laptop. I found that that the cause was that the driver would not allow a HDMI to be plugged in for an external monitor (specific set of drivers bug).

This time I have no HDI external monitor plugged in!

Thanks,

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  2. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    i think you should try DDU first and also check if you have the latest intel HD graphics driver

3. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Hi Richginge,

Well in my experience a endless reboot loop. Could mean 2 thing's #1 processor mite be clocked a bit too far. (OR) #2 Your ram mite be a bit too aggressive.

4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    This is a good recommendation. First thing to do is always do a clean install of the drivers.

5. Richginge

Richginge Member

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce 280 AMP
    Thanks for your replies.

My Intel driver is dated October, I am now downloading the June 2017 version for intel 7th Gen.

I do hope that the issue is not my CPU/RAM - they are stock clocked in reference to the specifications of the manufacturer. Ram is at ~2400 and CPU fluctuates between 2.6 and 3.6GHz depending on my fan speed.

I'll DDU the GeForce drivers after work, and dare try re-enable the device once again!

6. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Check your event log and find out what is crashing...

7. Richginge

Richginge Member

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce 280 AMP
    I can't seem to find anything in the event log.

It says
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

I re-enabled my GFX and upon the next boot, again windows crashed at login. I used DDU and reinstalled 382.53 without any luck!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  8. Check for power supply failure. It's a laptop, so you can should be able to find a replacement to test with easily.

9. Richginge

Richginge Member

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce 280 AMP
    I've now tried 382.58, same issue.

I cannot source another power supply - the battery is built into the laptop and not removable.

The device reboots even if its no plugged in, on its own power!!

Basically windows starts, I log in, then within 5-10s the system just switches off instantly no blue screen or error message.

I've disabled my GFX again.. useless piece of crap aaah

10. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    If it switches off instantly without a BSOD etc then it is almost certainly a power or temperature issue. It could be that your GPU or CPU fan has failed or not contacting the chip and creates a large temperature spike. Can you check temps and voltages in bios?

11. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    He's saying it reboots not shut off.Op you can try rolling back the driver.

12. Richginge

Richginge Member

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce 280 AMP
    I've tried 382.19, 382.53 and 382.58 and neither resolved the problem. if the device is enabled my laptop reboots within 5 seconds of loggin into windows.

I've been on my laptop trying to do work, and noticed random reboots happening when the device the GFX is disabled.... sporadic its happened 5 times in the last few hours when I am browsing the web.

Is there a software I can download ot try diagnose this problem further I..e a voltage/temperature monitor/recorder?

This laptop is only 2 months old, think I need to RMA it - I thought it was a software/driver issue but looking more like something else.

I don't think its overheating, as the initial reboot when the GFX is enabled is quite precise, 5s after logging into windows. Voltage I have no idea?

13. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Still might be either if theres no BSOD - check the BIOS just to be sure

14. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Starting to sound like rma time to me as well.

15. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    382.53 was total dog turd for me too and i'm playing on a PC. It would cause Mass Effect and and Dota 2 to freeze up for 2 seconds every hour or so randomly. Removing the driver and going back to the previous one solved the issue.

16. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Try taking out the battery from laptop

17. Richginge

Richginge Member

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce 280 AMP
    I have just tried DDU and 381.65.

Sadly no affect, exact reoccurrence of the same issue. Enable the GFX, log into windows and before I can even open Device manager to disable the GFX, it powers off to reboot. Safe mode again to disable the GFX.

My laptop is crumb, RMAing it on Wednesday.

There is no way I can take my battery out - its a sealed laptop with a non-removal battery.

18. Richginge

Richginge Member

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce 280 AMP
    I checked BIOS - unsure what to check. No log functionality just settings?