Trying to do fresh win 10 install endless loop

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Emille, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    This is not the loop where it restarts itself multiple times....this starts the whole process again every time asking for the key etc asking which version....then after restarting does it again.

What the hell do I need ti do. Remove the usb from the boot devices after the first loop?

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yep, sounds like it's booting from the install media each time, either set the BIOS to boot from HDD/SSD as primary boot device, and use the F12 or whatever it is to boot from the media initially, or when it restarts, remove the USB drive

If it ends up back on the install/key screen, you can just remove the USB then and reboot and it will continue the install

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  3. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Fuuuuuuuu<<<<<<

I finally got windows installed, but not I have some black screen problem while trying to do a forced update ( windows update was stuck saying it was up to date on some oct 2016 version ) and I couldn't install video card drivers because they are not compatible with older versions of windows 10.

So now I have a blacn screen where around the 30% mark the screen brightness reduced and then the screen went dark.

I don't know if it's still updating or what but there are a tonne of threads detailong various black screen while updating problems and some simply say that you have to reinstall windows again....this is total insanity.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Why not install the latest version of 10 straight off?

https://tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php

If you have any other displays attached, even turned off, check it's not moved the main display to that, it does it to my HDMI TV on a fresh install

5. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Holy cr@p...that was it. It literally booted with 1 active hdmi port and half way through the boot up after the update it swaps and I changed it to the other port.

2 things,

1. Thank you so much.

2. Microsoft os actually retarded....