suggestions on photo software....

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by Pigchild, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Pigchild

Pigchild Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    I do very little photo Editing and have no photo software, but for just this one quality assurance work report which includes about 100 photos, I just need a VERY basic free program that will allow me to simply take a saved photo and just type in text overlay on each jpeg photo. (I tried the free trial of ACDSee 18, but upon clicking to make a simple white bubble to text in it will not work. Is there another very basic free photo program I can trial with just to get this work project done? Nothing complex or fancy.

2. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    GIMP, Paint.net

3. Pigchild

Pigchild Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    Thanks! I will try them. About 4 years ago I had used an old trial version of ACDSee for a similar work project and it worked great, but the new 18 version which has the same function must be missing a plugin or something. I can easily pop in a white bubble overlay to text in on the photo, but upon trying to type simple text in that bubble, no text appears. I'm doing it correctly so something must be wrong with that new version.

4. uberdruid

uberdruid Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 7900
    Depending on how professional you want the text to look, Skitch is another free one which will do what you are after.

It's designed for inserting text, arrows, drawing boxes and circles etc ... over an image.

https://evernote.com/skitch/

5. Pigchild

Pigchild Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super

6. maffle

maffle Member

GPU:
    gtx970
    Never use GIMP it's terrible and still on the level like 20 years ago (typical bad linux software). pain.net is very good for open source software.

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Of course it doesn't cost anything when you pirate it. :stewpid:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2015
  8. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    They did give Adobe CS2 free (last year or something).