Divinity Original Sin - Best RPG since Ultima VII?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PearlChoco, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah, the combat is quite hard, isn't it? I wandered off into the forest when I just had two characters and got massacred by a pack of five (or was it six?) wolves immediately. I probably wasn't meant to go that way. Anyway, I now have all four characters but the few battles I've had have been surprising challenging, something I wasn't expecting as normally in the early stages of a game the combat is deliberately easy to allow you to learn the ropes without being put off by the difficulty.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Forums are chock full of complaints on this, I think they've noticed the complaints and are going to patch it in some way.

Cheese vendor drives me mad, and the moaning patients in the doctors office.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Voice fix, hallelujah.

5. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    I really hope this sales well, since DA:O this is fix many were waiting for and then some. And 2 days in and we already got a lot of patches which actually fix stuff (im looking at you ubi)

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm really impressed with the number and frequency of the patches. I really hope Ubisoft are taking notice for Watch_Dogs?

7. PearlChoco

PearlChoco Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 570 DirectCU II
  8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    hardly. D3 had 8m players trying to log in on release day. I can imagine Blizz games sell loads more copies as soon as they go on sale than 160k copies. No doubt.

Ah, my bad... It's Larian's fastest selling game, not overall. The post above confused me. While it's nice they are selling a lot of copies, it will never be the best/fastest selling game out there ;)

9. PearlChoco

PearlChoco Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 570 DirectCU II
    It might be the fastest selling game without a marketing budget though :)

10. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    What an awesome RPG. And a total surprise. Wasn't expecting any indie/kickstarter game to be this good. Aside from maybe Pillars of Eternity.

11. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Watch dogs patches every few hours Darren you high mate day ubi does that pigs will fly and probably be sign of the end of the world. But seriously a lot of developers should take note from larian on this.

12. smull

smull Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    It's made by an experienced team with a great RPG series behind them. Not just some kickstarter.

13. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    I've yet to instal it. Seems like theres a new patch every day lol. gonna give this one more week to "patch up" a bit more :p

14. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    No patch yet today :eek:

Well im a bit stuck on the main quest investigation, Don't read below unless you want possible plot spoilers.

Ok the investigation im having problems I've don't up the body and delivered the sheep. the captains shown up and arrested all key suspects. now the mayors house I have the key for the living quarters the first door opens but the second what leads to the bedroom wont open I can see a crystal in the middle of the bedroom. any ideas where to go next feeling I should visit the prison?

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The bathroom? To the side of the mayors house? You just use the red little teleport pyramid and that will take care of it.
    (The thing in there is the blue pyramid which then links so you can teleport between them.)

The occupant of said room won't be too happy with you just showing up however. :)

EDIT: Mega spoiler.
    Ewelyn the doctors assistant is the guilty one, in my case I had pet pal so I talked with the dog in the cemetery and brought him smelly objects from all suspects and he reacted to Ewelyn's coat, from there I broke into her house and took a journal and other evidence. (You can break into it whenever but it will move the investigation forward - she flees - so you might miss a few things if you go for it immediately.)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/230230/announcements/detail/250264027978646963

Wow people abusing a chat system in a game, they should have expected that really considering how often it happens.

17. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    After the patch tonight anyone noticing the game is sticking to core 0 before it seems to be more balanced I think they broke multicore performance seen a few posts about this on there steam forum's.

Well I been playing for a bit got a bit further with the story first time I've left town and damn have to say the monsters are tough think I've missed something need to find a way to gain a few levels before carrying on to the north of the town.

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The town gate guards will tell you if you are under equipped or have no followers but you can leave anyways and it is possible to leave town and go to another side and continue from there thus bypassing that conversation entirely, also there's no immediate level scaling so certain areas will be very difficult early on though also greatly rewarding if you can survive.

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    The game has a flow.

Do the town stuff first, maybe the caverns and stuff beneath, then go out the west gate and into zombie land there, make your way down and round until you get to the forest, there's the lighthouse boss there too (I did that level 3/4, tough). Then it's the forest to the north at level 5 or so.

Next plot point is like 7 after the murder stuff.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    so everyone liking this?