6950 CrossfireX performance issues

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by manneblask, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Although the OPs problem isnt directly related to CPU, it is true that OP wont get the most out of his cards using his AMD cpu

2. Kinfa

Kinfa Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX580 8GB
    Sure, but Phenom is not that bad that he gets 40 FPS at medium. We all know Intel is better, but this costs money.
    If problem could be solved other way, why buying new cpu+mobo!?
    If OP could game at 100 FPS is it worth to spend more money for 40-50 FPS more? Go to store, buy new cpu, mobo, RAM...! Easy advice.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  3. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Disagree with you on this, sure with a 2600K framerate would be higher, but does that mean that the Phenom II isn't capable of dishing out playable framerate. Although OP's CPU may be a bottleneck for 2x HD6970,s, framerate should be quite playable and he has the option of increasing ingame setting + AA. AMD CPU may not perform as well as their Intel rivals, it doesn't mean they cannot handle games......

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    what I said there is true, he will NOT get the most out of his high end cards with socket 775 intel quad core performance ie phenom 2. this is fact. what you quoted was the first reply to the OP in this thread. since my post it has been determined he has other problems other than the cpu. ie driver and or needing to reinstall or maybe something else. posting pics proving YOUR fps on DIFFERENT video cards and at different RESOLUTIONS was just silly

5. Kinfa

Kinfa Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX580 8GB
    Jesus, you are everywhere in this forum! You must have last word because you know everything! Get life outside Internet and computers. Have sex, get drunk, it's New Year's Eve!

6. manneblask

manneblask Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 2GB CF
    I actually did a format and reinstall of windows when i got my new psu (which someone asked earlier about, 850w) and 6950 just to be sure. And i'm using a DVI-Cable nothing else.

C&Q and C1E is disabled in BIOS.

I actually sent the card back. I dunno what the problem is, but the frustration has gone too far for me and since i get better results with my single card i really cant be bothered anymore.
    Thanks for all the help anyways, but im not getting into the crossfire business anytime soon.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    this dumb post does not help the OP in any way. if you have nothing of substance to add do not post:nerd:

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    your getting the $ back from the card? wait til the 7970 comes out and sell the other card and buy a single 7970. you should have less problems without xfire

9. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I didnt say anything on what you disagree with. I never once said "the Phenom II isn't capable of dishing out playable framerate". I said that he wont get 100% performance out of the cards with amd cpu..... :3eyes:

10. Kinfa

Kinfa Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX580 8GB
    No, it's not helping him at all! But your attitude shows that you are narcissistic, arrogant as.hole! :peeleft:

11. Saad

Saad Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd Radeon 6970 crossfire
    dont be rude now..

12. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    OK, but please define 100% performance. IF he were to run those cards with the Phenom II and get, say.....75fps in games, is he not getting the most out of the game? To him, that's 100% performance, and I might add it is to me as well. Now, running an OC'ed 2600K, he nets 100fps with the same cards, what's the difference? Both give absolutely smooth gameplay, so it may be more precise to say the 2600K is overkill, is it not? it all depends on perspective.....

13. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Yet another dumb post. Hows the gene pool in your neck of the woods? Kinda shallow?

14. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Cat fight! Cat Fight!

This thread will be closed the OP resolved his own problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.