Help with loading items at RivaTuner startup please?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Beerce, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Beerce

Beerce Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280
    Hi,

I have several launcher items and schedule items set up, including OSD visibility toggle, hotkeys for module items such as hardware monitoring, loading statistics server at RivaTuner startup (which WAS working, but I don't think is anymore, since I don't see the StatServer icon on RivaTuner startup, and I haven't changed anything), etc. They all work no problem (except the one), and I'm fairly comfortable with RivaTuner in general, so I'm not a COMPLETE b00n.

I have set up a custom low-level fan curve and saved it. And I'm trying to have it load my custom profile at RivaTuner startup. I have tried to accomplish this by ticking the checkbox in low-level system tweaks, for "Apply fan settings at windows startup" and the startup settings changes from none to auto like it should. However everytime I restart, the setting is back to "fixed" at 40%.
    I have also tried creating a launcher item that launches my low-level custom fan profile, and scheduled it to launch that item on RivaTuner startup. This also doesn't work, and when I go back into low-level system tweaks, it is again back on "fixed" at the default 40%. I have also played with the "Restore fan settings after suspended mode" with no success.

Note that everytime I restart, if I manually select my saved low-level fan profile and apply it, it works perfectly and it will stay applied until I restart or go into hibernation, etc. So it is not a problem with the fan curve setup itself.

I'm sure this can be done, I must just be making a mistake somewhere on these launcher/scheduler configurations.

Sorry for the length of the post, but I figured I should give as much detail the first time around, to avoid giving it later anyways.

Thanks in advance,

Beerce

*EDIT - Running Win7 x64*

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
  3. Beerce

Beerce Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280
    sure have, first guide i used.

4. Beerce

Beerce Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280
    Any other suggestions? To reiterate, low-level fan settings will not load up when I start/restart my PC, I have to apply them manually each time.

5. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    If you have the UAC enabled, don't use the startup checkboxes. Clear all those and also remove the startup daemon entry from the power users tab. Then setup RivaTuner to run from a scheduled task using elevated priveleges at windows startup. Use a launcher item to set the low level fan profile at RivaTuner startup.

I had the same issue prior to doing this and now the fan profile applies 100% of the time.

Watch this if you need more help.
    http://rivatuner.doomdealer.com/
    Installation->Removing UAC Prompts

6. Beerce

Beerce Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280
    Thanks stangowner. The problem has been solved.

Topic closed :D