HDMI vs VGA\DVI *FPS*

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by El1jonmc, Feb 28, 2010.

1. El1jonmc

El1jonmc Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 3GB OC
    Huys i just have a doubt in my head, i currently have my 5770 connected to my pc monitor with HDMI, and well its set to 1680x1050 which is my native resolution, but the image is a little off, is there anyways to fix that, i tried to auto adjust the monitor but it doesnt allow me. Another thing is, is there any fps loss between HDMI and VGA, does vga give more fps, etc. Thanks!

2. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    fps is rendered by the card, so there is no fps loss, however, dont quote me on this but there should be a bit more cable lag on vga due to the signal going from digital to analog to digital, but its not very notable.

id say try a dvi cable to see if maybe its a bad hdmi port on the card/monitor.

3. El1jonmc

El1jonmc Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 3GB OC
    Alright! thanks man for the reply, now i can stop thinking about that. Well i really cant tell a difference between vga and hdmi, maybe because my monitor is only 22". Thanks again.

4. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I like hdmi but thats just me...../7 year old thread

5. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7800
    From my understanding DVI-D and HDMI are about 95% the same, for video.
    HDMI can carry audio, DVI-D can not.
    DVI-D usually comes out first with the higher graphics standards (improvements).
    HDMI has a lot more people involved in deciding on improvements, so it takes longer for improvements to be incorporated.

From my understanding, DVI-D is on it's way out and HDMI will be the default PC graphics interface.

6. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    From my understanding, HDMI provides both video and audio but the audio is processed by the video card and not by any sound card or integrated chip you may have. Since my monitor does not have speakers, I use DVI and plug my speakers in to the provided jacks on the motherboard. I tried HDMI once and it disabled the sound from my integrated sound chip. I would have had to plug my speakers in to the back of the monitor and use the sound coming through the video card. I did not want to do that. the last time I tried HDMI, the integrated sound was not disabled. AMD must have changed something in their video driver package that does include the HDMI sound drivers.

As far as video quality goes, I think DVI and HDMI are equal and VGA loses a little but not much at all.