Windows Update, nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Im_Special, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    So this just showed up today in the Windows Update, my question is, why? Has anyone updated, are they old, recommended to skip?

2. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    What drivers are you currently using?

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I never install and drivers from windows update. They usually cause more trouble then they worth atlest for me. Think alot people also hide those updates from windows too.

I could be wrong though

4. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    If you know your sources for obtaining hardware drivers, don't use Windows Update. Windows Update provides Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) certified drivers for your hardware, but are usually 1-3 months behind.

With how often Nvidia provides driver updates, just ignore these (hide them if it keeps bothering you) and go to Geforce(dot)com or of course, Guru3D(dot)com to get the latest drivers.

5. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    Currently on 306.23 Drivers, I know they are a bit old as of now but they have been rock solid and I'm not playing anything newer then D3 that pushes me to update, current beta ones have talk about Battlefield 3/CS:GO crashes so I'm just holding off until the next WHQL ones probably.

Anyway this is the first time I've ever seen Windows Update prompt for drivers like this so I was just wondering, looks like I'll just ignore then since I like to follow the Guru forum feedback on new drivers before jumping in.

6. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    That's 306.97 WHQL I guess. You can install that, it was a good driver for most.

Or try 310.33 Beta, that had even better performance and no crashes in BF3 in Win7, the game crashes in Win8 regardless of driver.