Time for new mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by tsunami231, Sep 2, 2014.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So my beloved rechargeable MX1100 is dead, Despite have terrible exprience with there custmoer support i staying with them do to they only ones that make mouse in design in like that wont give my hand cramps.

g700s vs g502 or Performance MX ( which is only mouse they have that closest to the MX1100 design) but is like a 8+ year old mouse at this point.

I like the side button placement better on the G700s then the g502 as the sniper button on the g502 seem to be place to much forward for my test. that and the g700s look more comfortable compared to the g502.

Would like to stay wireless do to i like not have the mouse cable causing drag, But the MX1100 always had time where it would get super jumpy which i assumed was a wireless issue but then again having the receiver less then foot away from the mouse or 3+ feet away on the pc back ports never made a difference. ( or is that Optical VS Laser issue)

I can get both the g502 and G700s from amazon shipped for 68$ what i was hopping for was logitech would announce a G702 with better battery life and optical sensor.

I need the Tilt wheel and and as close as possible to the MX1100 shape as to date it only mouse i never got craps with the temp mouse i using logitech Optical Mini give my craps in less then hour nor is good for how i hold my mouses which like cross of claw/grip as far as i can tell most the time my hand rests on the mouse pad and it mostly just my finger touching the. mouse.

Any comments ideas recommendation are welcome. I am staying with Logitech though. no i never noticed any issue with FPS games with the laser on the MX1100 then again i dont play many FPS games as i dont like FPS games from the last 10 years. I mostly play MMO.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  2. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I just use a standard 3 button wired optical mouse (well, 2 buttons and the wheel). I don't like all the side buttons or other extra stuff.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  4. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Looks like a dvi cable, lol.

The oldest mouse cable I can remember is the round one.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Most helpful..

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I found the Logitech G700 small for my hand but the G500 was a better fit.
    The Steelseries RAW frost is a nice size also. If you want an MMO mouse take alook at the Razer range like the Naga.

When you purchase a mouse if your unsure what to buy, purchase like 5 mice that your interested in. Try them all out side by side and when your happy send the others back ie: Distance Selling Regulations.

7. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I purchased a g602 and it has programmable buttons much like the the g700s but longer battery life.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I not a fan of razor mouse or mouses like the naga

602 not an option it dont have tilt wheel and that is must for me.

If it had tilt wheel i would get that, which why i was hoping for g702 to be released ( going off assumption it would have better battery life then the g700s and tilt wheel)

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    MX anywhere (that's a first gen I believe, mines is different)?

Tilt wheel, fly wheel, can track on most any surface, wireless (1 or 2 batteries).

Only problem I know of is a double click issue to do with the microswitch getting corroded, I have this and I solved it by getting a autohotkey script that I run all the time (was over a year old at this point).

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have/had the one that came with the desktop wave pro 1 rechargeable battery.

At the end of its days it was dbl clicking and having drag and hold issues. I tried to rebend the metal in the switch winded up breaking, then tried soilder in a new switch middle click stoped working after that.

If i knew about the Electrical swtich cleaner method of fix the switchs before i did all this i wwould have working MX, but i learned that after the fact but i fixed 2 other mouse that had dbl click/drag and hold issue with the switch cleaner spray. Live and learn now i need new mouse.

11. Halloween Jack

Halloween Jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3080 Ti
  12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    G502.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I am leaning toward that atm just the sniper button placement seem a bit to foward and while the shape is kinda similar to MX1100 its not the same. that i not fan of wired mouses they cause drag when you moving it imo

But think if i gona send like 70$ on mouse the g502 is better bet seeing it the newest

I really wish retail stores actual had these mouse on display to test. none the stores by me actual do this for these expensive mouse they.

14. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I agree with you 100% that retail stores should have display models of mouse to tryout like they have laptops and tablets. I was also looking at the g502 but it was too pricey for me and found a decent deal on the 602. Yeah with my G500 I had the wire get stuck in between my desk and my external hard drive. Also I wanted to tryout a mouse with programmable buttons with certain games and other tasks.

15. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Corsair m65 looks nice to me...

My logitech g500 still going!!! But it's so worn am looking into a new mouse as well...

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I was gona buy that but then found out no tilt wheel, it simple amazing me how tilt wheel is not standard for all gaming mouses

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I've got the M40, identical looking to the M65 from what I can see

EDIT - M65 has a sniper button and higher DPI

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    the cord drag can be done away with using a mouse cord bungee. I don't use one personally, but I see where you're coming from. Some cords can be pretty stiff, therefore annoying.

G502 cord is fairly flexible, not as bad as I've seen on some other products. Still, if it's too stiff, I suggest you get a bungee. I really wish manufacturers made softer cords. Wireless will never have the same feel as wired to me, so wired all the way here.

I haven't touched the sniper button once in the last few months. It might come handy when WoD launches and I need all the buttons available, but I find it pretty well placed. Not in the way of every day use, just a short twitch forward from the forward/back buttons.

yeah, but good luck finding a store in the UK that will stock all the enthusiasts gear. It just won't happen.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I honestly dont see difference between Wired and wireless mouse in response. I do notice mouse drag on wired vs wireless where there is none.

Then again I dont see the latency from Vsync on and off. then again i wont play with out vsync.

im thinking i get the g502 unless Logitech announced a update to the G700s with all the same features + better battery life

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    My last mouse was wireless and I wasn't looking forward to going back to a wired mouse, but I was surprised, I don't notice the wire at all unless I put something too close and the wire knocks it as I move the mouse, so long as I keep that small part of the desk clear I don't notice it, and not having to charge batteries every few days is great