Guru3D CS Server Offline?

Discussion in 'Guru of 3D Clan' started by dfwny, Feb 23, 2004.

1. dfwny

dfwny Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280 SSC Ed. 1GB
    Yo Falcon, is the server offline? I know I been away for a while, but I didn't think you'd change the locks and move :D

2. Falcon

Falcon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 7800gtx X2
    Yeah, it was bugging me to update it constantly, so I just turned it off.

Honestly I have no time anymore for gaming... It's rather sad. Lately woman / car / friends / job / school / real life have been taking up just about 95% of my time, and the computer world has slipped away from me. I don’t know of many people who would trade what I have now for 6-8 hours of computer time at home everyday. I can’t see myself going back at this point.

3. dfwny

dfwny Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280 SSC Ed. 1GB
    I know what you mean, I'm kinda in the same boat.... too much other stuff going on. Post a message or something if you decide to have a "CS Weekend", I'll definitely try to make it, even if I have to use dial-up! :D

4. lone_ranger42

lone_ranger42 Master Guru

GPU:
    gforce4 mx440
    LIES..... ALL LIES...

Dont be fooled there is nothing else to life besides Gaming.... Gaming is LIFE>>>:rolleyes:

ahh ok so maybe not.. gaming isnt every thing in life.

Once you get outta HS u start to enjoy the finer things lin life... like Girls, Beer, Girls with beer..

I have to admit i havent even had CS installed in months. Between work, night school, picking up unsuspecting college girls theres just not alot of time for games. when i do find free time to play any,no one else is on. or i just dont feel like playing online.

5. Falcon

Falcon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 7800gtx X2
    Yep... the joys of real life are settling in.

6. dfwny

dfwny Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280 SSC Ed. 1GB
    Don't worry, someday you'll get married, have kids, and will be back playing games on computers again.... :D

7. lone_ranger42

lone_ranger42 Master Guru

GPU:
    gforce4 mx440
    im not sure if you can even call it "real life"

as much as it should be called, "the end to the good life" and the start of the " go to work everyday, deal with a bunch of dip shi*s who god only knows how they survived childhood, but yet have somehow managed to be in a manager or supervisor position. even though they know about as much as a rock. " this has been the case in the last 3 real jobs i have had"
    seems if you get a business degree or management degree you suddenly are qualified to lead other people in a job field you know dick about...

ok back to the point, then you work for them busting your butt for a few years, just to get laid off, or watch other dumba$$'s who are good friends with the high level people get higher raises and promotions then you, even when most people know that they are as productive as a blind, mute, who has no arms or legs.

if your lucky, you then can afford to buy your own house.... ill just say, depending on the size of it and the yard if any... kiss at least on full weekend a month good by, and a few other days scattered in between...

And for the love of god, dont get married till your at least 26 or older. or kiss what little life you may have had in college and the few years after it away.

moral of the story.... stay in HS for as long as you can...

or win the lottery, have rich parents, or be really smart and get a degree in somthing where it doesnt matter what you really know, just so long as your degree says your smrt and can get paid alot to do very little..

Ok now that that has been said, its time to go off to my job that i hate more then anything i have ever hated before in my life, and work with a guy who is dumber then a cat turd, and deal with people who i am utterly amazed can even find the power button on their PCs let alone figure out who to use the mouse.... Heh it is funny how all the people who are totally computer illiterate, all use AOL.... hmmmm

welll...
    I owe,
    I owe,
    So its off to work i go