Catalyst Control Center not working

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by XtremeCookiez, Sep 11, 2012.

1. XtremeCookiez

XtremeCookiez Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    I recently updated my display drivers (ATI) on my computer to version 12.8. Windows areo doesn't work (this has been going on for a couple months, but never found a solution) and Photoshop (new problem) began to crash all the time. Now the crashing seems to have stopped (have not tested extensively) but it gave me an error saying there was a problem with the display drivers so I finally gave up on Google. I also can't see the menus on the control center (see below). I have done research to fix the problems but it didn't work. I can live without areo but, I need Photoshop. [​IMG]

2. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    as far as aero...just use scroll wheel select personalise and select an aero theme and that should reset aero,in win 7 i cant even get ccc to work,i get links for ccc and amd short cuts but all they report is parts of driver missing,over the weekend i tried win8 on a spare hdd and installed the same driver and it worked great,i have shut down what apps i can that are running in the background like kaspersky just incase its blocking the installation but ccc just wont work on win7

3. XtremeCookiez

XtremeCookiez Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    I tried that; the areo option is missing the only options I get are Windows Vista Basic, Windows Classic, and all those options. If I were to downgrade the driver to 11.x would that help, or was the problem there too? I tried downgrading to 12.2 but I guess not deleting my other Catalyst upgrade downloads (I did uninstall Catalyst though)made it upgrade itself back to 12.8.

4. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    ok i finally fixed the ccc problem.

1)uninstall with driver option
    2)boot safe mode and run driver sweeper...dont reboot
    3)run reg cleaner in safe mode(i use auslogics boostspeed)
    4)reboot run reg clean again...reboot
    5)install drivers...and reboot...you can install 12.8 cap2 aswell with out breaking anything

i have photoshop9 retail and it wont run but also breaks aero ,i dont get any error report

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012

5. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    i think your looking in wrong place

control panel> appearance and personalization> personalization

options > my themes > Aero themes > basic and high contrast themes

select theme under Aero theme

if you have lost that option try running os repair with instalation cd

also you could try windows update

6. captaintripps83

captaintripps83 Guest

GPU:
    AMD SAPPHIRE/7970 CF
    Hi, I had nothing but trouble when I changed from 12.6 to 12.8. Eventually went back to 12.6.....

7. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    photoshop crashes always point to atio6axx.dll / atioglxx.dll?

8. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    my ps wont even start but i dont use it very much so not a big deal for me,every thing else works

9. XtremeCookiez

XtremeCookiez Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    @The Goose:

Does this procedure only fix the ccc menus, or does it fix other problems as well. I downgraded to the latest version of 11.x and now Photoshop works, but the other problems are still there. I don't really need the ccc menus, I don't use them much anyways. But if anyone finds a solution for the areo problem I'd love to see it!

10. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    only ccc for me ,issue may be some thing adobe need to look in to aswell,selecting an aero them always fixes mine if aero turns off,

11. XtremeCookiez

XtremeCookiez Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    You see that is the problem, I cant select any areo themes. I only get these selections:
    [​IMG]

12. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi...

Installed AMD Catalyst 12.x (9.001 September 4) Unofficial driver, bt im getting some corrupted Catalyst Center, mostly when i click Color tab of CCC, is it bcoz of dontnet framework 4.5, it's a clean install cleaned with driver fusion,Im on Windows 7x64....

[​IMG]

13. XtremeCookiez

XtremeCookiez Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    I believe I finally found the problem! I began looking at the release notes for ati's drivers and found ever since version 11.4 Vista Areo is known not to work. So now I am installing 11.1 and I am going to see what happens.