AMD & nVidia = Afterburner can't handle both properly

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by biuro74, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biuro74

biuro74 Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 660Ti 2GB
    Hi,

I've got two cards: GTX 660 Ti in slot #1 (main, connected to displays) and HD 5770 in slot #2. All software is installed accordingly.

My issue is Afterburner (2.3.1 or 3.0.0 Beta 18) doesn't want to "cooperate" showing me just my primary card's parameters (which Afterburner treats as sesond card marked as GPU2). Only core speed GPU1, Memory speed GPU1 and Memory usage GPU1 are available - where's the rest, like GPU1 core usage, GPU1 temperature and FAN readings ??

No matter which card I pick as "main GPU" in AfterBurner Setting.

Moreover, when I choose GPU1 (Radeon) as main GPU, main window with all sliders (Core Voltage, Core CLosk, Memory CLock and FanSpeed) are inactive due to no values there at all.

I underline: Afterburner works fine with ANY single cards. Issues start once second card is populated.

It's ridiculous to use two separate programs (like Afterburner and GPU-Z) to monitor temps for both GPUs.. and it lacks regulating of GPU1_FAN speed anyway.

Any word from developers is it going to be fixed in next revision of Afterburner ? Thanks.

Windows 7 x64
    MSI P67A-GD65(B3)
    8 GB of RAM
    KFA2 (Galaxy) GeForce 660Ti EX 2GB
    Sapphire 5770 1GB Vapor-X
    newest BIOS, graphic BIOSes, drivers etc

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Your understanding is not going to be fixed in next version of AB. Before blaming the software try to get some basic understanding and find out if AMD drivers really support GPU control for graphics card NOT connected to Windows desktop. Closed, sorry. I'd like to avoid further discussions of trivial things in "it is ridiculous" tone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.