MSI AB - RivaTuner and The Witcher

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Ferrat, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Ferrat

Ferrat Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 570
    Ok here is my problem, I can´t get MSI AB - RivaTuner to work with The Witcher (first one), it works great with other games I've tried (Guild Wars, Mass Effect 2, Warhammer 40K - Space Marine) but for some reason The Witcher doesn't want to.

It hooks but not the game but desktop, of that I'm pretty sure, cause MSI complains if I try to exit before turning off The Witcher saying that the hook is busy.
    The OSD doesn't show in The Witcher, screenshots just turn out black and say desktop not witcher and video recording seems to start (judging by the increased fan noise) but doesn't produce anything.

Tried both viewport and framebuffer
    Tried stealth mode
    Tried all 4 options of detection level
    Tried all 3 modes of OSD rendering
    Tried enabling support for modified DX3D

Tried with both the lastest release and latest BETA (afaik) 2.2.0 v12

I've tried all the combinations I can think of in the settings but to no luck, but I've also seen a youtube clip of MSI AB recoring in The Witcher so I know it should be possible, I feel like I'm overlooking something simple but can't figure out what.

Anyone got any ideas? :bang:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  2. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    The Witcher 1 works fine for me with the OSD using the 2.2.0 V12. Didn't have to do anything special to get it to work.

3. Ferrat

Ferrat Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 570
    Well that's even more annoying >_< hmm, gonna try and reinstall everything but I can't understand why it hooks the desktop for me instead of the Witcher :(

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  4. Ferrat

Ferrat Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 570
    Do you have The Witcher Enhanced Edition? (that's what I'm running).

Reinstall didn't seem to help, still hooks the desktop. Not the end of the world since fraps works but would prefer to figure this problem out :p