Ever heard of Changhong brand?

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by airbud7, Aug 1, 2015.

1. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
  2. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Have seen the brand offered by Newegg before; only on Newegg though. Supposedly they are the second largest TV manufacturer in China. Would appear that this model is their bottom tier for 4K. Constant pattern in the really critical remarks in the product review was that the HDMI was 1.4 and not 2.0, panel quality was akin to the silicon lottery, and motion blur around fast moving objects was very noticeable. For movies, the specs said it used 3:2 pull down instead of reverting to 24Hz.

There is a reason the msrp listed is 699. If it appears too good to be true, it is.

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    The stand looks really cool though!

4. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Just read the customer reviews and it will tell you what a POS it is. I always look at the feedback or eyeball it myself.

5. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    seems to be a lottery with these brands, bought a hisense and its been fine but I wouldn't advise it, i'm yet to see how it ages or if it lasts a year at least, reviews are harsh, most saying they are kind of disposable as in low quality that cant even stand a year or two of fair usage