Watercooling or Accelero Extreme 4

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Ryu5uzaku, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    So guys, I have this dilemma my gaming cooler goes to 95 and the card starts to throttle when for example gaming d3 without v-sync. It is annoying, I think it has something to do with the cooler and my case being raven rv01 so the card is in rather funny position. I was thinking watercooling might be the best choice I could then apply that to my cpu too in the end.

Just wondering if you guys have any ideas for radiators, gpu blocks, pumps what not. Not my area really. I was thinking about getting two radiators but how would that work out I got no clue.

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    With LCS, you will still need to cool VRMs. With Accelero you may get good or bad cooling for VRMs.
    I was very disappointed with performance of those small heatsinks Accelero Xtreme came with. Had to hack it other way.
    So neither is perfect and may require additional work/workarounds.
    If you can find hybrid for your card, it would be best.

(And one more thing My Accelero Xtreme HD7970 was officially rated only 300W, but it always kept GPU (195W max) under 61C, so 300W card or 400W if you OC may actually give it some trouble.)

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Hmmmh coolio. Been reading up on accelero extreme 4, accelero hybrid then nzxt kraken g10 with some processor aio. Seems like accelero extreme 4 would be the best bet and then order some extra heatsinks for vrms :)

Need to read up on more but it seems the best choice atm. Watercooling still might win in the end but the vrm part is worrying somewhat.

4. Paddy McGinty

Paddy McGinty Guest

GPU:
    AMD
    Water cooling is the best if you want the best temps for all the time.

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    If our going to watercool spend the money and do it properly. Don't cut corners as the results will show and you maybe disappointed.

6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I can believe that, I know you know a lot about watercooling got any tips on what brands could be good to go for?

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Personally I would get rid of that case and get a new one if you want to do it properly otherwise if you do not want to get rid of the case the only way to have decent cooling is to mount an external rad as can be seen here.

http://www.overclock.net/t/936374/looking-for-raven-rv01-radiator-mounting-pics

Another good build here all internal....
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...221&thid=JN.+3t/mLaDxODynTMXrqAptg&ajaxhist=0

Those are your options, tbh get a good watercooling case and you never need to buy another again.

As Mr Miyagi said to Daniel son...."Good root make strong tree" :thumbup:

8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Yeah been thinking about changing the case too actually I've had this for 6 years already too :) Gonna give this to my gf anyways later on this case ;o

Thanks for the ideas :)