Haswell amost here time to upgrade??

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by tsunami231, May 8, 2013.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Lets try this again IF YOU are gona post ABOUT OCing, DONT BOTH, DONT POST, DONT TALK. As I do not care to OC. I AM talking from stand point of Stock VS Stock.

Unless one of you want to to come OC for me deal with any and ALL issue they may arise and make Changes for me just stfu. Seriously what part of I not gona OC and stop bring up is hard to understand. I been down this road and i am NOT WILLING to go threw the trouble of messing around with settings to OC let alone WILLING to risk the chip. I only use aftermarket cpu fan cause stock suck at cooling and are loud that dont mean i want to OC

SO again DONT POST, DONT TALK, DONT EVEN THINK OF POSTING, if it gona revolve around OCing.

This is strickly Stock vs Stock performance THERE WILL BE NO OCING

2. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    The main limiting factor of your computers performance is the owner not being willing to OC. If you give the computer to an owner who will overclock it i believe its in game performance will be much better.

Jokes aside, this is a computer enthusiast forum so people will always push the smartest options on you. Snapping at them will only make you look bad/lazy. If you don't want to do the smartest option then i suggest you stay away from forums and do your own thing.

3. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Heat is what kills stuff, keep heat down its not a problem. I get you are against it, its yours do what you want, but if you keep heat down it wont hurt it. And if you go for low volt overclock it wont be much heat either, I had a stubborn AMD 965 and to get 4.0 stable I had to put 1.55 volt to it so it would hold, I ran it like that for 3 sold years and its still runnin but I had a good water cooling system too., I built a pc for wifes office with the 965 re-clocked to 3.8 now but its still goin, but I never went over 50c for its temp and its fine. I get your point its not worth frying, wich its not but if done right and kept cool risk is pretty much null, thats why they make it overclockable, but if your against period forget it, I was just bored and was reading your post bud. PEACE

4. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC

Ok fonzy
    Your a funny guy telling people to stfu go do one you noob!!
    Learn how to overclock it's not rocket science u can't damage your cpu if stock voltage gives u better core clocks you donut!

5. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    People, it's not that hard now is it? He just wants to know if it's worth it to upgrade to haswell when it arrives.
    Regardless of making your games and utulities run faster, this will be achieved by overclocking the haswell also.

So yes tsunami, going from your cpu to sandy bridge wasn't a very big leap, going from yours to ivy is probably a single step up.
    Going to haswell will certainly improve things for you.
    Mind you, I can play any game without getting performance issues from the cpu. With the 2600k at stock.
    It will be the gpu that's the limiting factor for ultra settings in games like crysis3.
    So again, if you feel at present that your cpu is somewhat limiting your gaming experience, then you can be assured that the haswell chip will put that to rest.

I would advise you to visit other overclocking forums and follow the haswell threads. They will appear more and more, giving you a clear insight whether it's worth it for you to get one.

But I can already tell you that it is.

6. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Sandy bridge and ivy specially when overclock, don't need to be in any urge getting haswell.

7. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

You can overclock your car as well, why don't you do that?

Enough guys, give it a rest with the godamn overclocking! The guy said he doesn't want to do it, so stop telling him to do so. He asked a legitimate question at the beginning of the thread that has nothing to do with overclocking.

Jesus christ! The poor bastard comes here with a simple legitimate question and has to get talked down to by "superior" pro-overclocking folks. I overclock my PC too, what the fvck does that have to do with what the OP wants. What the hell is wrong with you people?

Again, to the OP: Wait one more month for Haswell to be released, then we can answer your question with facts instead of guesswork.

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  8. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    sadly,Chillin is right.
    myself included often not listened to real question.
    we need a vacantion.
    cheers!

9. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    Vaccination taken :D
    For the arthritis in my trigger finger

10. Deneb

Deneb Guest

GPU:
    4gb