Total War : Warhammer announcement trailer.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Apr 22, 2015.

1. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
  2. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Not surprised at all when they announced they acquired the warhammer license few years back.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    This.

4. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    Well as a longtime Total War player, I'll tell you guys new to CA what they're about.... Last 2+ years have been rough on us, Rome 2 released in a horribly unstable state, it took a year to get it right with like 17 major patches...... And in Attila they had a chance to make it right, but instead of admitting to common sense and making Attila an Expansion to Rome 2 the same way Barbarian Invasion was to the original Rome 1, CA decided for obviously money reasons to turn Attila into a full stand alone game.

And then the last kick while you the loyal fan are down, the DLC..... get ready to have your intelligence insulted with reach up your butthole types of DLC. For example, get ready to pay a few bucks just for the ability to see blood in battles.... yup, in a game oriented around war, they witheld blood so they could sell it to you for a few bucks after game release (and yes I know they do this for ratings reasons, but they could still offer it as an optional free add on instead of charging like $4 I think)

The studio since being taken over by Sega is run by a bunch of suits more interested in profits and margins then they are releasing proper games that actually work and deliver.
    It's typical business, milk something until it can't be milked no more, I understand it... it's just a shame that what once was a good studio gamers could be proud of has been caught up in what's common place now in the gaming industry.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Our rules have changed, eh? Well it was about time we see something like this, me like! :D

6. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    This would normally be a day one buy for me, but I have concerns considering how the last few Total War games have been handled.

7. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    More like a day one steam sale for me :p

8. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Hah. Sounds about right tbh, lets hope they put more effort into this release but I'm not holding my breath.

I was also silly enough to check the steam comments section regarding this title, every time I think I've seen it all people manage to surprise me. There's actually a bucket load of people complaining about the next TW title being Warhammer based, because it's not "historically accurate" -- I couldn't make it up. You know, since the other TW titles were so very accurate that they were required media for history students the world over!

9. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    ^ yea don't mind those historical accuracy nerds that plague the forums, quite literally ignore them, there's something awkwardly wrong with their priorities.

I mean they literally create complaint threads such as a faction not having accurate beards, or a wrong hat

10. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Exactly. I hope I'll get it with a healthy discount, and some kind of season pass, since I don't want to bother buying every faction for itself or whatever nasty tricks they try to pull off.

[edit] I want my unholy carriage, don't charge me €5 for it please dear Sega.

And to me Total War games like Empire have been interesting just because of the chance to change history and play something off the charts.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015

11. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    If its a new engine then this will be the best total war for sure!

12. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    As long as we still have historical TWs .

13. binaryStar

binaryStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC 1450/7800
    CA has already said it will NOT be a new engine. Same old crappy TW3 (warscape) engine they have been using since Empire.

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    am def out plus 4 factions only?

DLC whoring anyone?

15. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    That's absolutely fine, but it seems a bit ridiculous to attack a game because it's not historically based. The fact is the TW formula perfectly suits a Warhammer game, I'm shocked it's taken so long for it to happen. Not to mention the fact that while the other titles are loosely based on history, they're not genuine historic titles. If they were they'd be boring as sin, half the units would be missed out and you'd lack a large amount of freedom.

Point taken, I generally avoid steam user forums to be honest. As I said, a silly action on my behalf.

16. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    edit:wrong section

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Warscape Engine dosnt support dx12, if thats what they are using.

19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    While I didn't think that cinematics (probably opening cutscene?) trailer was that good, I can't wait to see what they'll be making out of it. Now that my new rig is once again able to even start TW games, I'm looking forward to this.

20. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Guys dont be fooled by cinematics. CA are notorious for hyping up with no actual real in-game footage.

When I actually see some battles then I'll be able to judge it better.