Win XP SP3: Advanced Options in Power Management not saving after closing session

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Leito360, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Leito360

Leito360 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 Nitro+
    Hi!
    Well... the problem is as follows: I own a netbook "Nobi Clamshell 10.1" running the above OS. I created an energy profile so the screen will turn off past 5 minutes of inactivity.
    The profile works correctly in every session, even if I reboot or turn off the computer.
    Today, I tried to modify its "Advanced Options" so when I close the lid of the netbook, the machine doesn't go in stand-by mode. That's where the problem starts.
    Every time I reboot or shut-down the computer, that specific setting in Power Management options goes back to default, which is, Go into stand-by if the lid is closed.

I've been trying with several ways to modify it, but everyone results in the same, the setting goes back to default everytime the session is closed.

The same happens with a Win 7 Samsung RV511... this isn't the first time I find this problem.

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve it?

Thanks!!

BTW: Yeah, the user I'm logged in has admin rights, I even tried with the very own Admin account and no luck.

And what i'm trying to do is close the lid and I want the machine to keep running as normally as it does when the lid is open.
    Any program that can overwrite that option is good for me as well. Even registry entries if there's one.

EDIT:

I was able to find the problem by myself... If someone has the same problem (And since this is internet, someone will), the issue comes from an uncompatibility between the third party power manager from the laptop's manufacturer and the one native in windows... In my case, it was Intel Power Manager.

It wasn't enough with disabling it, or even change the name of the directory were it was installed. I had to uninstall it. Then, I was able to got my Advanced Options saved and persisting after closing the session or rebooting.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014