GA-F2A88XM-HD3P - A10-7860K help needed

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by ifixit, Jan 27, 2017.

1. ifixit

ifixit Guest

GPU:
    R9 280x > n dead 290x
    [​IMG]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDynzcztzZ0QXBadlk1ZHowVVk/view?usp=sharing

or there if the image doesn't show perhaps

Ok that's running AMD OD's stress..

So I have good thermal margin at 40x BUT i'm worried about those temps on the left, 85.6 degrees is 14-15 over the max thermal of that cpu..

any idea's guys false temp? from hadware64 latest beta?

or you think they are accurate..

What would the OC guru's think they could add to that multiplier, as in is it worth it going a bit further?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Most software doesn't read AMDs crap CPU temperature sensors correctly.

I would say it's probably incorrect.
    Some bios will show CPU temp.
    Hwinfo says idle 57.6. Compare that with the bios.

If the two are similar you have a problem, if they are different, hwinfo isn't reading the sensor correctly.

3. ifixit

ifixit Guest

GPU:
    R9 280x > n dead 290x
    thanks agent. I figured the temps were wrong BUT I think it's reading the thermal overhead correctly. in OD, and on stress about 35 degrees head room. I get what your saying now though, are any of them correct before proceeding.

May have to OC manually and just ramp up in increments and check for stability, it's the only real way.., though if I find it's stable at to high a temp I was worried if I felt comfortable with the setting, i'd leave it set and shorten the life span of the CPU considerably.

but good point, very good point cheers mate.

4. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    You are running a R9 290X in that system why? I did a similar thing and had such a horrible experience lol. I used a A-series 7700k with my Gtx 780 SC and about 50% of my Games ran like Crap, complete Crap! cod black ops could not even run on that weak ass apu! Any game that was cpu bound I had a huge problem. Replaced it with the 8-core Fx problem fixed.

I would advise you to do the same if possible. Just saying.