Radeon 9500 Pro and Soft R9700

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by DoctorPhish, Jan 20, 2003.

1. DoctorPhish

DoctorPhish Guest

I've read alot of contradictory posts regarding SoftR9700 and Radeon 9500 Pros, and wanted to throw my 2 bits into the fray. I have a retail box version of the Made-By-ATi Radeon 9500 Pro, and have had it overclocked since warp11 was nice enough to hack up a BIOS for us all. I should also mention that my card looks identical to the pictures of the 9500NP on the hardware hack site (inc. position of RAM, etc). Long story short, I applied the soft patch to the Jan 10th Cat 3 Drivers, and now get 2098 MTexels at stock speeds, and 2600+ overclocked to a modest 345/312. This indicates to me that I now have a fully functioning 256-bit bus...or am I completely off the mark here?

2. DuxRus

DuxRus Guest

Hey Doc:

I did the same thing with mine and really boosted my 3D Mark score but I've a problem with flickering artifacts during benchmark and in game play.

Have you been experiencing this problem with your mod'd card?

DuxRus

3. DoctorPhish

DoctorPhish Guest

I actually found I had to tone down my overclocking by about 10Mhz on my memory after performing the mod, or I would get black dots flashing randomly on the screen, as well some occasional corruption in the 3d scene. Could be that the extra bandwidth sees the memory working a little harder? Now running at 305/340 (mem/chipset)

4. MMMLemmings

MMMLemmings Guest

Did you use any additional cooling when you overclocked your 9500 Pro and do you know if the Sapphire 9500 Pro will work the same or not?