Corsair Vengeance K70 mechanical keyboard review [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    In this article we review the all new Corsair Vengeance K70 cherry red mechanical keyboard. The K70 is the mighty descendant of the fashionable K60 in terms of the overall basis and concept, but it ad...

Corsair Vengeance K70 mechanical keyboard review

2. Stereophonics

Stereophonics Member

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970
    Great review Hilbert.

I can confirm that the k70 is a super sexy keyboard and a pleasure to use for gaming, coding, and general purpose use with the cherry red switches. I have the silver/blue model and am glad I finally made the move from the old membrane kind. The quality is out of this world even for as mechanical keyboard - very solid build. I love how there is nothing between the keys/switches and the body of the keyboard so it has a very unique look and is super easy to keep clean. Typing has become a joy again and gaming is more constant in terms of what to expect from input due to the greater responsiveness. Would definitely recommend if you don't need macro keys.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  3. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Look excellent, They have listen to the complain of the first series ( not fully mechanical switch keys ), all is at his place, and i have see there's too an upper models with Macro keys on the left.

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I would miss atleast 1 row of G-Keys.

I recently bought the Logitech G710+ as replacement for my G19. I had to get used to the keys being more noisy but right now i wouldn't want anything else.

Also the Software Logitech provides is something i havn't seen anywhere else.

(Did replace all Black O-Rings with Reds tho, they absorb better)

5. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    Once I'm done with this wireless keyboard with flat keys I may get this or something like this to see what all the excitement is about with mechanical keyboards. The red would match the red LEDs in my case.

6. Weecka

Weecka Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX4080 OC
    If I didn't have the K90 I would gladly grab one of these, as I don't really use macro keys that much. These keyboards are amazing. Nice Review, Hilbert.

7. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Is there anything similar for about half the price? Preferably with backlight, not arsed about gamer keys, just need a decent keyboard to replace my piece of crap Razer Lycosa.

8. Weecka

Weecka Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX4080 OC
    I had roccat isku before my k90 and it was quite a good keyboard (not mechanical though and only 5 macro keys). Was like half the price of k90/70 aswell. They even have a version where you can choose backlight colour now (called isku FX or something like that).

I had some problems with lycosa aswell (constant disconnects, backlight turning on/off, pc freezing even) until i replaced it (well i got a replacement when first one started doing it, but the second one had even more problems). Never again will i buy a keyboard made by razer....

9. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Founders
    I've had a K70 for a little over a week now. I bought the silver one that has the blue backlighting. I really like it.

The red keys don't seem rubberized to me at all, unlike what the review says. They have a very hard and rough texture; almost 'gritty' (I don't mean that in bad way).

The six red number keys also don't have the symbols on them that are typed when you use the shift key. Almost none of the reviews on this KB mentions this. So if you can't remember, say, that shift-4 is '$', or that shift-2 is '@', then you're going to want/need to just use the six regular black number keys since those do have the symbols on them.