Upgrading Pentium 4 need some help :)

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by RanmaGamer61, Sep 23, 2014.

1. RanmaGamer61

RanmaGamer61 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 960 2GB
    Hi I am upgrading my CPU for the first time and would like some help and info.
    I currently have a Pentium 4 2.8 single core and am soon buying a Pentium 4 3.4 single core Prescott socket 478. My question is will I be seeing a big performance boost?. The processor is mainly for playing games like COD Modern Warfare 2, Warcraft 3, Starcraft 2, and also for encoding videos.

Right now Starcraft 2 is running fine in multiplayer, 1v1 and 2vs2. I'm getting around 42 frames at the beginning of game and 15 frames at late game.

I really hope it improves my systems performance.

Hope you all can give me some help.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    budget would be helpful.

Why not save up and do a mobo, cpu and ram upgrade? that would give you a much much bigger increase.

These are very old chips you are talking about here.

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Sry thats not going to cut it, youll get 5-10% max perf boost, you really ought to fork out some for another build, ie pentium g3258 + a cheap mobo. Starcraft is unplayable on a single core.

4. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    Should probably considering building a new computer seeing as you're on 10 year old technology.....most people's cell phones have more power than what you're running.