canopus voodoo

Discussion in 'Videocards - 3dfx' started by Savidge, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Savidge

Savidge Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 390x
    I happened to catch this little gem off ebay and add it to my collection and thought id share it with you guys http://www.ebay.com/itm/200926184248?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

this is a 3dfx voodoo1, not just any ordinary voodoo1 this was the king of all the voodoo1 cards and features a custom non-reference designed PCB made by a short lived company called Canopus who made custom designed videocards back in the day. What sets this one apart from regular voodoo1s is that this one comes with 6MBs of ram vs 4MBs on the standard (4mb texture+2mb frame buffer) and s-video and a RCA out jacks. Another interesting thing to note is this one actually has the add-on fan header for adding a cooling fan that you could order from Canopus and attach it via the two mounting holes. Canopus went above and beyond designing there products to be unique that they required there own pass-through cable which was exclusive to the Canopus design but sadly the card i ordered did not come with it and seems to be very hard to find. if any of you know where to find one let me know I'm thinking of setting up a 3dfx voodoo rig someday ..

more info:

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/3dfx/canopus.htm

:)

2. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Awesome!! This was the first 3D GPU I purchased. I remember the first time I fired up GLQuake on this thing. I was blown away!

3. AzzKickr

AzzKickr Guest

GPU:
    Vega64
    Hi there,

I have a collection of Voodoo's and maybe I can help you out with that pass-through cable you're talking about. I have several Canpous video cards in my collection and a few of them up and running in retro gaming machines. I even owned the card you're talking about in mint boxed condition with all accesories and original driver CD, but sold it in favor of more exotice 3Dfx stuff.

Anyway, drop me a PM if interested.