Catalyst right click menu entry gone

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by bwat47, Dec 31, 2011.

1. bwat47

bwat47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    After a very strange issue I had this morning (One of my monitors is dying, so I unplugged it. After unplugging it my pc kept bluescreening on logging into windows. It would work fine if I plugged the monitor back in. Basically I had to plug it back in, reboot, uninstall catalyst/ati drivers, reboot, unplug monitor and the bluescreens stopped.)

Trouble is after re-installing catalyst 12.1 the catalyst entry in my right click menu disappeared. Is there anyway to get it back? I tried totally removing it again with the "express uninstall all amd software" option, rebooting, then installing catalyst but no dice.

2. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    Uninstall, reboot, and clean with TWL's cleaner (posted in a sticky thread above). Clean registry with CCleaner. Device manager should show standard VGA adapter. INstall new drivers, reboot.

3. Brickdiesel

Brickdiesel Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 1 GB
    Did this work?

Could you please tell me if this suggestion worked for anybody? I have the same problem.

4. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    is it still in your startmenu? does running the exe manually work? C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CCC.exe

if it's ok, maybe all you need to do is add the desktop context menu entry, entirely skipping all the reinstallation steps

you'll have to find out how to edit the context menu though, it should be fairly simple & somewhere in the registry, there should also be apps to do it for you

5. popeye

popeye Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
    Probably corrupted the driver/registry somehow. Either do a restore or reinstall the driver after uninstalling and delete the /ProgramFiles(x86)/ATI/ATI.Ace folder.