huge fps drop while recording with amd vce/vtfplugin

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by corinarh, Jul 23, 2014.

1. corinarh

corinarh Guest

GPU:
    7850 2gb asus
    Amd gaming evolve is working fine but it can't keep stable 60fps recording fps.

I tried with obs, dxtory, bandicam and recently with msi afterburner but quality is bad and i'm getting 20-30 fps drop while recording/streaming at 30fps with any of those programs.

While AGE (amd gaming evolve :O) i'm getting just 0-5 fps drops while streaming/recording at 40-50 fps.

WHY is that? Is my gpu are broken or ace 1.0 is waaaaaay worse than ace 2.0 or codec need polishing or just all of those programs are way too much resource demanding and i should stick to gaming evolve?

7850 2gb asus @1050mhz core

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  2. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    You need a LOT of headroom to capture at 60fps... the only app I've been able to do 60fps captures is with Nvidia Shadowplay or Action.

https://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html

Still even with those your game is resource heavy on the GPU or CPU you'll likely see drops and stutters.

Some games I have to settle for 720p @ 30fps to keep my gameplay smooth at 30fps.

3. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    I get very good results recording with Gaming Evolved app....id say maybe a 10 fps hit at most overall....i average around 75fps in bf4 so the hit is not bad at all.....now if i were to do crysis 3 i would have to lower many settings since my gpu struggles to get high fps on that game...

It may just be a slight limitation of the lower priced 7850 since it doesnt have quite as much horsepower......the cpu being used may have some effect as well

Basically you should be getting what you normally get minus 10fps.....if your were getting frame dips before to 60 then of course it would be impossible to keep 60fps while recording...if your getting more than 10 fps hit it may just be a limitation of the gpu?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014