Precision software download redirects to MSI Afterburner.

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by HeavyHemi, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I'm sure this is just am error. I mean who would put up a link to software then intentionally divert you to different software, right?

2. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Precision was pulled for a little rewrite :) what link were you using?

3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I'm talking about the link to the prior version of Precision here: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/evga-precision-x-download.html
    Version 4.2.1. It is listed as being the download for that software but the link (both of them) redirects you to MSI Afterburner. If Guru3D doesn't want to host the prior version of Precision, then they should remove it IMO.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Do you need that version? I can give it to you if you want.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    No, I don't need it. I've got it even though I personally use AB. Some other folks were asking for it so I linked to the download here and surprise surprise....

6. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    It says "PrecisionX 4 has been discontinued. You can download AfterBurner as the best alternative" on the page.

It would probably be best to tell people that those links will be redirect you to AfterBurner.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    I`m on AB myself, you cannot get the old presicion x from evga anymore I am assuming.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I have a copy of 4.2.1 if anyone needs it.

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Got it too shall we say 9.99 digital delivery?
    Nah free also.

10. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    :funny:

12. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Personally I’d also prefer to see whole Precision page deleted instead of seeing redirects to Afterburner. Or even better I’d just like to see old PX 4.2.1 available in downloads like it was before. Seriously, why anyone needs to follow EVGA and remove PX 4.2.1 from downloads when EVGA deleted it from their website? EVGA were forced to delete it because they were caught, they couldn’t continue distributing it legally after terminating the contract. Actually, they had to do it much earlier in January 2014 when they actually stopped royalty payments, but it doesn’t matter and I’m not going to pursue them because of that. That’s just money and it is not that important. So yes, they lost exclusive distribution rights after the contract termination and were forced to remove it from downloads. But why anyone else had to do the same? I’m copyright owner, I own distribution rights after terminating agreement and I didn’t ask any website who hosted EPX 4.2.1 to remove it. Anyone can keep hosting it safely. The only ones who suffer because of it are application users, including those who legally purchased EVGA cards with EPX 4.2.1 in 2013 and earlier. They shouldn’t be affected by dirty games with “in-house” tool development.
    So Hilbert, can we either put EPX 4.2.1 back to downloads or completely remove whole Precision page if you find that it is not possible to host it here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.