Monitor flicker after MSi 3.0.1 upgrade

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by SkidRowTrash, Jul 3, 2014.

1. SkidRowTrash

SkidRowTrash Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6800 Crossfire
    Hey everyone, I have a bit of a problem.

For a while now I have been ignoring the upgrade MSI message I get every now and then, but I decided to go ahead and grab it yesterday.

My computer has 3 monitors and eyefinity option, but I usually just use the 3 monitors. After I installed the upgrade, I was trying to adjust the fans as I usually did in the previous version of MSI, and for some reason when I clicked on apply it set everything to 0. I am not sure if this is what caused the problem, or if it is MSi 3.0.1 itself, but my main center screen would be perfect as usual, and my left and right monitor would flicker, go absolutely insane occasionally, and cut & re-arrange itself and it's borders every now and then too.. very weird stuff happened when I would drag a window over to the left or right monitor.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is it caused by MSi 3.0.1 or when I hit apply, and everything went to 0 did that cause this? There was never a problem with previous versions of MSI, although the settings did not change.

I don't know what the presets were on msi, I got this computer from a guy who set it all up a couple years ago, he had it tweaked perfectly.

Anyways, to "solve" the problem, I did a system restore to last month. It removed 3.0.1 and put back 2.3.1 except now it is saying MSi is corrupt or missing files and does not run... but the monitor problem is not happening now either.

Can anyone help me please? I would like to be able to have MSi back on here, hopefully the latest version, but also without the flickering useless 2 out of 3 monitors because I use all 3 for my work always.. Help.

Thanks

2. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    This is happening to me too. Never happened on 3.0.0. It only happens when I have a 2D and 3D profile set with powerplay disabled.