temp monitoring with R360 9800pro

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by andy497, May 5, 2004.

1. andy497

andy497 Guest

I have a Sapphire 9800 pro with a R360 core. I tried flashing the bios to an XT which worked but led to general instability. (I'm not sure why, I even tried a custom bios with the original clock settings).

In any case, I'm quite sure my card has the temperature monitoring diode/chip/etc. I've seen screenshots of what to look for, and it sure looks like there is a LM63 sitting there. When I flashed to XT however, I still didn't get the overdrive tab. I'm now flashed back to pro, but I wondered if RivaTuner offered any ability to get readings from the card.

Do I need to flash it back to XT? Will that guarantee that it will work? Finally, assuming one had a 9800 xt with overdrive in the first place, how do they access temps in RivaTuner?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It's very easy to check. RivaTuner scans for LM63 presence only on 9800XT's, but you may force RT to detect your board as 9800XT via PowerUser tab. If your board really has LM63, core / ambient temperature will apear in RivaTuner's monitoring Window.

To force RT to detect your R9800PRO as 9800XT, perform the following:

1) Open PowerUser tab
    2) Click 'Open database' and open RivaTuner.rtd database file
    3) Expand System node and set ForceVGADeviceID registry entry to 4e4a
    4) Restart RivaTuner